OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ANy good closeouts or specials?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ANy good closeouts or specials?
    Posted: July/27/2011 at 12:14
I bough a scope a few months back from SWFA and couldn't be happier. A guy I work with is picking up a new Tikka Lite in 3006 and is looking for some glass. I suggested he check out this site. Are there any close out specials going right now?

I got a sweet deal on a Burris Euro Diamond 1.5-6x40.
Dyelynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyelynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2011 at 12:19
vortex viper 2-7x32 150$ marked down from 250$ on closeout special
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2011 at 12:21
Thats about the best deal going on right now.  SWFA also runs a site called www.Samplelist.com  there is a link up at the top of the page   SampleList.com  They have awesome deals there to on used, demo, and salesmans samples.
Dyelynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyelynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2011 at 12:22
and don't forget about the www.samplelist.com either... good deals there :)
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2011 at 12:31
Also keep a look out here -

SWFA's Hot Deals and Promotions
Locked Forum
Check Here Often

They update it pretty regulalry.  There is an optisan 1-4 kit listed in there that is suppose to be surprisingly good for the price.  I ordered one yesturday just to check them out and will report on it soon.

Edited by SVT_Tactical - July/27/2011 at 12:32
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 10:14
I'm starting to wonder if that Viper is really a closeout price, or just the actual price of them made to look like it's on sale. It's been that price for like a year, and has even come down a little more in that time. The other higher magnification one went back up in price quite a while ago. That being said, it still seems to be a good option for the price.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 10:26

I think they are going to be gone when they sell out.  They aren't making them anymore if I ain't mistaken.

Poodleshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poodleshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 12:12
Originally posted by slowr1der slowr1der wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if that Viper is really a closeout price, or just the actual price of them made to look like it's on sale. It's been that price for like a year, and has even come down a little more in that time. The other higher magnification one went back up in price quite a while ago. That being said, it still seems to be a good option for the price.

Vortex marks them as discontinued. The2-7x in all reticles and the 3-9x, 3.5-10x and 4-12x in Vplex only are all discontinued, but they've been staggering out the discontinued sales with various retailers (presumably relieving them of their MAP obligation so they can price it as they see fit).

The reason the 2-7x is lower than the others and has lasted so long is probably simple, and likely tied to the same reason the others were discontinued: they didn't move quickly enough at their original MAP price.

powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 12:42
BGB I mentioned in another hread that in the SWFA auctions they had 3-4 of the pentax pioneers 3-9x40 listed which I presume are the last of their stock. I bought one a couple of years ago and have been very happy as It is just a repackaged burris fulfield ii at $129. That might suit your buddy.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 13:31
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic