OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hensoldt Riflescope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hensoldt Riflescope
    Posted: July/22/2011 at 15:46
I have recently been given a used German Police Scope. the scope is marked
Hensoldt Wetzlar ZF6x42PSG1. I wanted to mount this scope on my PTR-91/HK clone. It will not fit in the G3 claw mount I have. I know this scope came off of a PSG1. Is there a way it can be mounted on my rifle.  
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 15:54
Does it have a 30mm tube?  What size of rings are on your claw mount?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
toubo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 16:13
Thanks for the reply. My surplus German Claw mount has no rings. It attaches with screws
to the underside of a scope with matching screw holes. This Scope was made for the PSG1
sniper rifle and does have screw holes, but my mount will not fit. I will either need an adapter of some sort or a different mount. It may not be worth the trouble, thanks 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 18:26
Welcome to Optics Talk! 

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 18:37
Welcome to the OT.

Maybe one day i'll have the gumption to tell my wife i'm buying a $2000-3000+ scope Big Grin. (that is of course if i have enough money to even buy something like that)

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 18:47
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 20:10
It was made for the PSG-1.  You can have a special mount made for your rifle, but it won't be easy and won't be inexpensive.  It is a fine scope, but not worth as much as has been estimated on here in this thread.  Average "going price" these days is around $400.00-to a little over $1000.00 (condition and buyer "want it" factor) because it is specific to the PSG-1.  Not a lot of PSG-1 owners out there.  In the late '90's/early 2000's, the rifle design was changed to accept other scope types.  I've never seen one on any rifle other than the PSG-1, but have heard of it being accomplished.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 23:33

WELDING  For the tough jobs.  ShockedShockedShocked

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic