OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Debt Ceiling Talk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debt Ceiling Talk
    Posted: July/21/2011 at 12:12
I for one am about as clueless as it comes to what all this latest political talk means and I am also not trying to start a political debate here but reading this (and I dont know the validity) it sure sounds like the current adminstratin is blowing smoke

Edited by SVT_Tactical - July/21/2011 at 12:12
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 12:22

In short,they're politicians so expect the worst.  Here's the latest.

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 12:47
Politicians - you can tell if they are lieing because their lips are moving.

What part of it costing more money to get elected than the salary pays doesnt scream CORRUPTION.

BHO --  CHANGE -- he stated from the first that he wanted to re-distribute wealth, what part of that did you think ment things would get better for you.

If you ran everything being done today past the founding fathers they would scream Hight Treason. 

Things happen because people conspire to make them happen for their own reasons (typically - money sex or  power).

It is highly likely that the intent is to alter our form of government  --- SURPRISE  - now the real question is how far into chaos will they throw us to do that?  Just imagine what happens if everyone did not get their government check come the first of the month?  Remember half the people in the country pay no tax, produce nothing, and rely on that  government check.  Or just imagine what would happen if the flow of gas stopped and the shipping of goods stopped - in 3 days your grocery store would be out of food entirely.  Worst case - will water come out the tap when you turn it on, and will there be electric?  Who knows what will happen possibly nothing but there are sure a lot of things that have the potintial to make life more difficult.  

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 12:59

I've often thought about investing in one of these and maybe the time has come.

Supposedly Boehner has called a meeting of the Republicans for 9:30am tomorrow. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 13:55
I'll bite. What the hell is it?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 14:10

SORRY,Lynn.  I thought the pic was titled.  It's a well bucket.  Just lower it down and it fills up.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 14:19
Ok, now I recognize it. Why I saw one of those just 4 decades+ ago, before my aunt and uncle got a lectric well pump.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 14:36

"What's old will be new again".  Somebody said that but I ain't sure who.   Bucky
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 03:30
Like me!!!    Big Grin   
Visit the Ed Show
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 06:17

Kneel Suckers
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 14:29
I hope the Democrats in the Senate just did this with todays vote
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2011 at 15:51

There went dinner!   Dead
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2011 at 17:04
Basics:

Hope & Change=Tax and Spend

Compromise=tax and spend

revenue=tax& spend

-------------------

The greater the amount of debt, the less buying power of the dollar.  The less buying power of the dollar the more "stuff" cost.  Stuff like gasoline.  SO... If you increase the debt limit you increase gas prices.  As an added benifit you also owe more money to the Chinese "mafia".  That's why stuff like Gold, Silver, base metal ect are going up.   The only reason we do not have "hyper inflation" is that there is such an over supply of basic good from houses & cars to kitchen appliances.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic