OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ rimfires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ rimfires
    Posted: July/14/2011 at 20:48
Do any of you have a CZ in 17 rim fire and how do you like it?? I'm looking at a model 452. Any comments??
Thanks!!
Black Bear Road
Corndawg View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corndawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 20:59
Man, I want one of these! My boss bought a 452 in .22 lr for comp shooting.
It has the t-hole stock. Nicest .22 bolt I've seen, but I'd go with the .17.
Got enough .22's around the house.
I sold him an Elite 4200 6-24x40mm to put on it, but with the 6" shade it's almost as long as the barrel. i think he ended up sticking a nice Leupold on it.
I like to measure powder by the cup.

You can tell a lot about a man by the edge he keeps on his pocket knife.

ROLLTIDE!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 07:20
Not the 17 but I had a 22 CZ452 for a little while, sold it to another OT member.  We both loved it.  CheapTrick has one as well, he like it pretty good too.  I say the 17hmr versions can only be just as good if not better because of the inherent more accuracy achieved by the round itself
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 08:29
We have a few CZ 452 22 lrs in the safe
I have done the Eric Brooks trigger jobs to them
At the risk of a cliche, they are one ragged hole tack drivers

I had a 17HMR several years ago and it too was great shooter

CZ makes good stuff
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 08:42
A buddy of mine has a 452 in .17HMR he calls "Sweet Thang" that I've shot a lot.  It shoots very well.  IMO, you get a heckuva lot for your money with CZ rimfires.  I don't care for the "backwards" safety, but overall they are very good rifles.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 16:27
Hahaha...ya, those crazy safeties are a head scratcher, but I love my .22 LR 452. 

stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 17:48
I like my 452 [in .22lr] also but couldn't get use to that dam backwards saftey & figured I would wind up shooting myself in the foot ,so I sold it &  got a Savage Mkll.Savage is just as accurate but not as pretty or made as well as the CZ.

Funny thing is that is the only rifle in the CZ line that comes with the safety that way,go figure.

Edited by stickbow46 - July/15/2011 at 17:49
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Johnny View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 18:34
I will be pickup the 452 CZ next Friday in a 17. Yes the safety is back wards and hope i don't hate that! The target in the box is very good, but not one hole either. I think I'll like it and need to get a scope for it but don't want to spend over 250 or so.
John
Black Bear Road
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2011 at 16:45
i have a 452 in 22lr, love it!!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
High Country View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Country Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2011 at 23:44
Don't know about the .17hmr but I have a CZ 452 American w/16" barrel in .22lr and it is awesome.  If the .17hmr is anything like it you'll be very impressed, I'd imagine it'll shoot better than the .22 versions just due to the inherent accuracy of the .17hmr cartridge.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 08:37
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

A buddy of mine has a 452 in .17HMR he calls "Sweet Thang" that I've shot a lot.  It shoots very well.  IMO, you get a heckuva lot for your money with CZ rimfires.  I don't care for the "backwards" safety, but overall they are very good rifles.

About ten or fifteen years ago Brownell's was selling an after market safety lever for the CZ which worked the normal way.  It was case-hardened and had to be gunsmith-installed.  I haven't seen them advertised in years. 
Visit the Ed Show
Sgtshultzy266 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgtshultzy266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2011 at 16:22
My buddy has the 452...beautiful gun and shoots great, but like other posters have said, the safety can be a concern for some.
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2011 at 17:50
I bought a CZ 453 with the SST in 17 hmr.  Beautiful rifle, looks much more expensive then the savage, very well put together, couldnt be happier with it.

The only thing I can say I would change is the bolt handle.  My trigger finger hits the knob for some reason, I have to lower my hand.  This is the only rifle I have this issue on. 

All in all, I would buy another in a 2nd.  Have a little overkill on it, Viper 6.5-20x50.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2011 at 22:29
I have a 452 Ultra Lux in 22. It's a shooter and the $20 Yo Dave trigger kit makes it as good a trigger as my 1416 Annie.Here is a 25 yard 5 shot group.It's only 25 yards but it was shot with the stock iron sights and just a couple sand bags off my back deck.

Johnny View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2011 at 23:34
The CZ 452 shoots well. I've had several five shot groups that a dime covers all the holes @ 50 yards. Had several where the first 3 shots were one large hole, then the other two were off 1/8 - 1/4 inch from the the three. Probably operator trouble?? Had the trigger cleaned up a little, but now need to shoot it again. I'm satisfied with the CZ and it looks more like a high powered rifle than some of the other 17's. Excellent
Black Bear Road
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2011 at 15:38
Ok so just another one of the other posters that loves CZ here.

I have had 3 differing 17HMRs  1 Sako (quad with 4 barrels) 1 Savage 93vss I forget the exact (stainless heavy)  and 1 CZ 453 Heavy like the above post Single Set Trigger model.

They all were shooters.  The CZ had a better finishing feel than the others liked the bolt better than the Sako Quad the nubbing they call a bolt handle is POOP, the Savage was ok but a little creaky I do like the Savage Mag better than the CZ but it still was not as nice of finish as the CZ...

Hope this helps CZ is top Notch...

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - August/13/2011 at 07:22
No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic