OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles IS Clueless

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 21:30
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

When SWFA is handling the CS, consumers can rest easy ... and that's a fact.

I'm sure Chris and Co. will take care of business.  However, they shouldn't have to be a mediator.  Kahles should honor their own written warranty, period.  How can anyone argue that fact?

Well Kahles is oversees, and has to have a distributor relationship of some sort.  Warranties are different for lots of companies, depending on market.  I think Britain limits consumer warranties to a max of 25 years (or something like that).  It is likely the distributor's warranty, and not the manufacturer.

-Matt
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 01:41
I can see a 3rd Kahles Scope in my Future.........I sure hope it works out for you guys SWFAExcellent
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 05:30
If you haven't owned/used a Kahles, it's tough to comment on them as a company based on one person's experience in a thread.  While I understand what the person was saying in their thread, for another person to read it and bash a company really doesn't present them in a fair light.  What happened to all the good CS that they've done?  Is that all in the trash?  I think not.  I guess the word "filter" comes to mind...
bbush View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 06:57
I just know that I will probably never own a Kahles scope because I will never pay the amount a money that a Kahles scope demands and have the possibility that I may not be able to have it repaired in a timely manner if something goes wrong.  Eventhough they are considered very good scopes, I don't see risking it when there are others such as Swarovski and Zeiss that are at least as good and have a much better warranty program.  It would be a lot different if we were talking maybe a hundred dollars or so, but when we are talking five to six hundred dollars at the minimum, I will choose to buy another product.  I just feel like Kahles is going to have a hard time making a go of it again with such a weak repair network here in the U.S.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 11:17
I do not understand why so many people are upset about this Kahles  thing. If you need  a repair perhaps you should call them.

For any question please contact Kahles directly:

By phone:  (866) 606-8779
By email:  info@kahles.at
Through the web:  www.kahles.at

For repairs please send your product to:

Kahles Service Center
2 Slater Rd.
Cranston, RI 02920

Thank you.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 11:34
Originally posted by bbush bbush wrote:

I just know that I will probably never own a Kahles scope because I will never pay the amount a money that a Kahles scope demands and have the possibility that I may not be able to have it repaired in a timely manner if something goes wrong.  Eventhough they are considered very good scopes, I don't see risking it when there are others such as Swarovski and Zeiss that are at least as good and have a much better warranty program.  It would be a lot different if we were talking maybe a hundred dollars or so, but when we are talking five to six hundred dollars at the minimum, I will choose to buy another product.  I just feel like Kahles is going to have a hard time making a go of it again with such a weak repair network here in the U.S.

Currently the repair network is the same as Swarovski where if you needed service you send it to SONA (Swarovski N.A.). The only difference is that from there SONA sends it to Kahles in Austria. Please note that not all Swarovski's are serviced at SONA in the USA. Last time I checked (a few years ago) Swarovski sends some of their rifle scopes (high mag PH models), illumination (z6i), and certain other optics to their Swarovski repair center in Austria for service.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 11:45

Exactly Mike!  Its no big deal, I have Swarovski & Kahles brands both. Customer Service has been very good to me as Im sure it has many others. These guys are some of the oldest and best scope builders available today.....Excellent

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 16:16
I agree JF.  The scope that was being discussed on the other thread, I believe is a 30 year old scope.  If it takes my Kahles that long to have an issue, I think I'd have no problem paying to get it fixed.  Just my opinion...
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2011 at 18:03
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

SONA and Kahles have reached out to us and we are meeting with Kahles this month.  From the preliminary correspondence it is safe to say that we will be selling Kahles products, possibly this year.

This development is very good news!
Doug
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2011 at 05:37
OUTSTANDING!!! ExcellentExcellentExcellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 10:48
Have always had a Kahles scope in the gunsafe, never a new one, always second-hand.
I´m pleased that SWFA and Kahles will "join forces", I believe that both parties will benefit from that.

Gerry Atric

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 10:51
YippeeExcellent
backtobethel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backtobethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2011 at 19:22
For those that care, I'm the original poster from 24hourcampfire.  I saw this thread a couple weeks ago and figured I better provide an update, especially since it seems to be positive.

I sent Kahles a check for $313 to repair the scope, per their instructions.  Today, I received my check for $313 in the mail today (which I had sent about a month ago) with VOID written across it and "repaired at no cost" written on the top. I have never had anything like this happen.

I haven't had any contact with Kahles since receiving the $313 repair quote and sending the check to their repair facility. So, I'm not sure what changed. Maybe they saw this post???? Either way, kudos to Khales. I haven't received the scope yet, but will update the post when it comes in.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2011 at 19:31
That's great news Phillip, glad to hear it worked out for you!!! Thanks for the info and please keep us updated.  Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2011 at 19:33
I am glad Kahles took care of you.

They have not had some difficulties establishing a good base in the US market, but they always made excellent products and treated their customers well.

I hope that persist at it.

ILya
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2011 at 20:18
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

SONA and Kahles have reached out to us and we are meeting with Kahles this month.  From the preliminary correspondence it is safe to say that we will be selling Kahles products, possibly this year.

Great news! I hope the multi-zero will be available again. I've got people asking about them often. The ones I have are top notch. The used Khales multi-zero scopes I've found lately have gone thru the roof in asking price. We need renewed access to get prices back in check.
Let us know how things go Chris.
Thanks!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
backtobethel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backtobethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 05:54
Wanted to close this out with an update.  I received the scope yesterday from Kahles.  They replaced the reticle, cleaned the scope, recharged it with nitrogen, sealed it, and checked that it held zero.  No charge.  The work appears to be top shelf, as expected, and I am very, very happy.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 07:59
Kahles is a class act, they just made a couple of bad management decisions in their choice of US representation.   Lets hope 3rd time is a charm for them!!! Excellent
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 10:32
Maybe we can change the title of this thread since we did get a satisfactory finish to it...
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 10:33
Originally posted by brodeur272 brodeur272 wrote:

Maybe we can change the title of this thread since we did get a satisfactory finish to it...

+1. I love Kahles and their CS.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic