OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles IS Clueless

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles IS Clueless
    Posted: July/13/2011 at 14:18
Taken from another thread, but interesting the way they treat their customers, in light of the fact they don't know from year to year who will be handling their CS in the US, and in light of the fact they supposedly had a lifetime US warranty......

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5235570/Kahles_repair#Post5235570
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2011 at 14:24
interesting.

Chris, can you shed some light on Kahles recent movements?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2011 at 19:07
Kahles wants to be in the US.  They have superb products and the one time I had to use their customer service, they shipped the scope back to Austria and fixed it at no charge.

It is unfortunate that they do not currently have a US distributor.  They made a couple of bad decisions in trying to work with Legacy and Gamo.  I think they have now realized what kind of a US partner they need and their next US venture will be better thought out.

ILya
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 05:16
I sure would like to see the C series scopes come back to the US.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 12:20
JGRaider, have you personally had problems with Kahles?
Doug
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 13:39
Originally posted by brodeur272 brodeur272 wrote:

I sure would like to see the C series scopes come back to the US.

Yep me too, I own 2 Kahles and they are by far the best glass of any scopes I have. Nice looking scopes as well...Ive spoke with Kahles CS, Hermann was his name, great guy, great service. Im betting this is a temp problem. To bad when some people find the need to bash a very old, great scope company  ...
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 14:14
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

With their pathetic CS over the past 5 years, and so many viable options out there, I've not, nor will I try one.  I see no reason, especially now.  
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 15:20
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

With their pathetic CS over the past 5 years, and so many viable options out there, I've not, nor will I try one.  I see no reason, especially now.  

OK.  This leaves me a bit confused.

You have not tried Kahles scopes.  You have no intention of trying Kahles scopes.  Fair enough, to each his own.  The market does offer plenty of alternatives.

However, given that you have neither tried nor plan to try Kahles scopes, what is the reason for this thread?

ILya
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 17:01
To give a heads up, to the many people who plan on spending their hard earned money on a product, that this particular manufacturer has pathetic customer service, and may not even honor the warranty they represent.  That could be a major factor in  deciding who to spend your money on, could it not. ?

I could personally care less who spends how much, on which product.  Some people may, however. 
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 17:01

SONA and Kahles have reached out to us and we are meeting with Kahles this month.  From the preliminary correspondence it is safe to say that we will be selling Kahles products, possibly this year.

Edited by Chris Farris - July/14/2011 at 17:02
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 17:08
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

SONA and Kahles have reached out to us and we are meeting with Kahles this month.  From the preliminary correspondence it is safe to say that we will be selling Kahles products, possibly this year.

That is good to hear.

Something tells me that customer service is not going to be an issue.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 17:13
Oh, and for the sake of full disclosure: I do not have any affiliation with Kahles beyond occasionally talking to the guy who runs Kahles's sales and marketing (met him at SHOT). 

ILya
Yotimbo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yotimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 17:16
I'm sure the people at Kahles are going to lose a lot of sleep over not selling this guy a scope! Cool
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 17:57
If anyone at Kahles is watching. I know that if you brought back the CL rimfire series it would be well received. I have been looking for another scope of this quality for over 3 years.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 19:41
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

That is good to hear.

ILya

Then you ought to do the Kahles CS guys a favor and show them this link.  They're screwing some folks over pretty good.  
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 20:13
When SWFA is handling the CS, consumers can rest easy ... and that's a fact.
-Matt
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 20:38
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

That is good to hear.

ILya

Then you ought to do the Kahles CS guys a favor and show them this link.  They're screwing some folks over pretty good.  

Get Your Popcorn Ready
Code4 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Code4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 21:14
Kahles offer a very good value for money scope. I've had two and will buy more.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 21:20
If they only offer the 30mm scopes at the prices I've seen they are going to have a tough time competing against the other euro's who have no circus issues in their past like what is going on now with Kahles.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2011 at 21:21
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

When SWFA is handling the CS, consumers can rest easy ... and that's a fact.

I'm sure Chris and Co. will take care of business.  However, they shouldn't have to be a mediator.  Kahles should honor their own written warranty, period.  How can anyone argue that fact?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic