OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Stayin' cool 3_tens?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 07:33
I just  don't know how you'd do that kinda heat even at night....... seems unbearable.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 10:00
It is really something else, especially when you're not used to it. Yesterday here in central Missouri was 105 with a heat index of 112. We went on a hokey pirate ship cruise for the kids in the morning and I kept imagining what it felt like to be trapped in the hold of a West African slaver or one of those sailboats on the Nile. Nothing like being fully clothed and wearing body armor though so I can't complain...but I am staying hydrated.
Reaction time is a factor...
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 13:29

Thunbs Up  Hang in there,Jon!   It won't be long til.....................

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 13:38
I'm really glad I didn't buy my cousin's ranch in Oklahoma now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 13:53

This is the cousin that hates you,right?   Big Grin
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 14:09
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

This is the cousin that hates you,right?   Big Grin
Not at this moment, but that could changeWhistling
It was a great place, and the house was neat, lots of land with a small river runnig along side of it. It was the kind of place I dreamed of owning. Just wasn't in the cards.
I couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like in that house as hot as it's been. When I heard vandals burned the house down, the whole place lost it's appeal to me. I would liked to have had some pictures of that place, it was unique.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 14:15

If you were meant to have had it it would have been yours. Sounded NICE.  Vandels get caught?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 15:24
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

If you were meant to have had it it would have been yours. Sounded NICE.  Vandels get caught?
Nope.
I was still in grade school when I was last there, and it was remote then. The area had built up and my cousin's in-laws had passed away, so no one lived there and it had gone down. The local kids used it to party at, and you know what happens then.
I don't remember how much land there was, but from the house you couldn't lay eyes on land they didn't own. The house sat on a small hill with fields and pastures on 3 sides with large hills after that. The neat thing about the house was the crows nest as they called it. A small bedroom that poked up from the top of the roof with windows on all 4 sides. From the crows nest you could see almost the whole place, and they would shoot coyotes from there. There were other interesting things about the house,  but the crows nest was my favorite.
I do remember that on one visit it was really really hot and they didn't have AC or indoor plumbing. Had to cool off in the river at night. I also got caught in the outhouse during a thunderstorm.
That ranch was the inspiration for my current place, except I don't have a crows nest, but I do have AC and indoor plumbing. 
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 18:56
It was at 126 F I had to drive 6 miles to put up a sign in Broken Arrow. This is when I arrived about 4:30 pm.
They had a shower up north of Tulsa near the airport. So the official temp will not be this high Only 114 F I think. There is more concrete down here and no shower has occured. The car read the same after I got back to the office. BF where is this cooling stream????
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 19:47

And just when you think it couldn't get any worse.  Loco
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2011 at 09:31
The media around hear is always making a crises out of the weather. "Oh the temperature and humidity are dangerously hot and record breaking", they will say. I check the temp. when I leave work at 5 PM and when I get home in the country after a 30 minute drive; it's at least 5-10 degrees cooler at home. So our media is making a mountain out of a mole hill. However in 3_tens case, it's not mearly hot, it's really most sincerely HOT.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2011 at 19:44
It is really amazing how relative hot is. 3 weeks ago and 102 would have been very hot. Today 102 felt like cool fall. Go figure!  Excellent
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 08:56
Your getting used to it.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 09:37
Yeah but throw a 60F day at him and he'll freeze to death! Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 10:56
The funny thing about the October MG Shoot at Knob Creek is watching people from different parts of the country (and world) and how they dress for the weather. That time of year the temperature can vary greatly in both weather patterns, and daily temperatures. On a day that I might be comfortable in a longsleeve shirt, I've seen people walking around in heavy coats that I would wear in January. Course I've also seen floks walking around in shorts and t-shirts too. Makes me wonder where they came from.
Then there is Kenny, doesn't matter what time of year or temperature it is, he's wearing shorts. If it's really hot, he's wearing a tank top. If it's really cold, he wears a t-shirt without the sleeves. If it's really, really cold (0 degrees F. or lower) he wears a t-shirt with short sleeves.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 12:00

It is funny how you get accustom to temeratures. Speaking of which it is supposed to be 108 here today.

Today's predicted high is 108.

The record for this date is 106.

If the record is broken, it will be the 5th consecutive day.

Today will be the 35th consecutive day of triple-digit highs.

The record is 42 consecutive days.

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 12:30
THANK GOODNESS for the AC huh?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 12:57
I remember a time when AC was the exception in both houses and cars and not the rule. Can you imagine what it would be like without AC?
The American Motors, Ambassador was the first car produced in America that had airconditioning as standard equipment, and that was in 1968.

Edited by BeltFed - August/05/2011 at 13:05
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 13:08
Im not sure that I could sleep in my house if it was over 80 or 90 degrees. I don't mind heat at all it never has bothered me but I hate being hot when I sleep, that's the one exception. Then again if I never knew any different...
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 13:09
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

THANK GOODNESS for the AC huh?
Our AC at work has been struggling to keep up lately.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic