OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

optic problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 12:33
I will not buy nor recommend a Premier to anyone after the treated another vendor that has promoted them heavily for years. You can find threads about it on Snipers Hide. Why anyone would spend money with a company that is run like that is beyond me.

That being said, you can get a S&B for a similar price, from a company that doesn't pull that crap, and makes what many people think is a better scope anyway. That's the way I'd go if I was going to drop that kind of money.

The new SS 5-20 though is getting rave reviews, and I think I'd rather save the money and get one of them that from what I've read, aren't find behind many of the scopes in the 3k price range, and they are only $1500. I've not had the chance to get one yet, and I really regret not getting in on the group buy, but from what I've seen from everyone else that has one, these seem to be amazing scopes.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 14:31
Originally posted by slowr1der slowr1der wrote:

I will not buy nor recommend a Premier to anyone after the treated another vendor that has promoted them heavily for years. You can find threads about it on Snipers Hide. Why anyone would spend money with a company that is run like that is beyond me.

That being said, you can get a S&B for a similar price, from a company that doesn't pull that crap, and makes what many people think is a better scope anyway. That's the way I'd go if I was going to drop that kind of money.

The new SS 5-20 though is getting rave reviews, and I think I'd rather save the money and get one of them that from what I've read, aren't find behind many of the scopes in the 3k price range, and they are only $1500. I've not had the chance to get one yet, and I really regret not getting in on the group buy, but from what I've seen from everyone else that has one, these seem to be amazing scopes.
i disagree with that sentiment entirely...... all parties involved were at faught there and the vendor got caught and then tried to publicly smear Premier for his wrongdoings.  As long as you buy from a reputable dealer (SWFA) your good with premier.  
ToKeepAndBear View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToKeepAndBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 15:57
Originally posted by vgmhunor vgmhunor wrote:

That backdrop, obscured by tall trees and bushes would make me feel uneasy?

The shooting in the video is at the back of 4000 acres of private land with a locked entrance gate.  I also put up signs on each side of the target entrance stating, "LIVE GUN FIRE STAY OUT!".  Both targets have a hillside and trees behind them as a backdrop.

Got out there shooting yesterday, saw 10 turkeys and a bunch of cottontails.  My buddy whistled at me when we were positioning targets and roughly 10 coyotes started yipping and howling about 100 yards from us in the woods! Thought for sure I was going to see a bear as there were blackberries everywhere! Probably there, just hard to see them in the dense forest.  

We had a great day shooting for mid-July as it was cloudy all day with a high of 70 degrees and winds of 5-10mph.  
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 16:54
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

i disagree with that sentiment entirely...... all parties involved were at faught there and the vendor got caught and then tried to publicly smear Premier for his wrongdoings.  As long as you buy from a reputable dealer (SWFA) your good with premier.  
No the vendor was not in the wrong. He never advertised it below the "Minimum Advertised Price" that Premier set. With a MAP, vendors can sell it for whatever they'd like, they just can't advertise it below that price, which he never did. Therefore, I don't see how he was in the wrong. Not to mention all that particular vendor has done for Premier when no one else would. While I can't post what the retailer is, since it's a competitor of the owners of this forum, he is definitely a very reputable dealer that seems to want to bend over backwards for anyone and everyone. Seems like to me, the statement would be better put, "as long as you do everything Premier would like you to, and don't ever bend over for your customers or try to help them out, then you will be good with Premier."

I'd suggest anyone considering a Premier scope read up on it before making a purchase. It may not bother you what they did, but it bothers me and a heck of a lot of other people, and there is no way I'd do business with a company that operates like that.

Edited by slowr1der - July/17/2011 at 16:57
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 18:15
Give me a break.  Scott got caught once again breaking the rules of the contract he agreed too.  That was not the first time or even the first company that got after scott for doing that.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 18:43
Originally posted by Rude Robert Rude Robert wrote:

Don't take this wrong, must be nice to buy a scope that most people spend on their cars!  Lol  nice video, I like your set up for sure. Don't know anything about scopes or rifles, but I know what I like when I see it  Big Smile

It IS... very nice... and on top of that, the scope is WORTH every penny that it cost...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 19:03
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Give me a break.  Scott got caught once again breaking the rules of the contract he agreed too.  That was not the first time or even the first company that got after scott for doing that.  
 A BIG +1. And then he went a drug his dirty laundry all over SH. And because he did it first everybody kinda dumped on Premier for doing what everybody else in the industry does... 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 19:27
Bad scene all the way around..  wish him much success in his new location... maybe he learned something from all of this.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2011 at 23:09

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

No the vendor was not in the wrong. He never advertised it below the "Minimum Advertised Price" that Premier set. With a MAP, vendors can sell it for whatever they'd like, they just can't advertise it below that price, which he never did. Therefore, I don't see how he was in the wrong. Not to mention all that particular vendor has done for Premier when no one else would. While I can't post what the retailer is, since it's a competitor of the owners of this forum, he is definitely a very reputable dealer that seems to want to bend over backwards for anyone and everyone. Seems like to me, the statement would be better put, "as long as you do everything Premier would like you to, and don't ever bend over for your customers or try to help them out, then you will be good with Premier."

I'd suggest anyone considering a Premier scope read up on it before making a purchase. It may not bother you what they did, but it bothers me and a heck of a lot of other people, and there is no way I'd do business with a company that operates like that.

If Premier is the problem then why are we not hearing about it from SWFA as well as other vendors?

Edited by Sparky - July/18/2011 at 08:25
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2011 at 06:40
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

If Premier is the problem then way are we not hearing about it from SWFA as well as other vendors?
DING DING DING.... we have a winnerBig Grin
vgmhunor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vgmhunor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2011 at 06:49
I am sure you guys are playing it safe. That's the backdrop I'm used to.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic