OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thanks for all the help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks for all the help!
    Posted: July/05/2011 at 21:01

Howdy! Not sure if this is the perfect forum for this but....

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for all the help you've given me....although you may not know you helped.

I’m new to optics so I spent the last three days reading everything on these forums in regards to scope purchasing, reviews, opinions, FAQs, technical details, etc. You all helped me make a final decision on a scope purchase. When I started I had a list from $200 to $1200 and no clue what to do with it but stare at the technical details and bang my head against the wall in frustration. In the end I ordered up a SS 3-9x42 with the new reticle, all the goodies/addons, and some Burris Signature Rings. I also had to make a run to the Auto Zone and Cabelas to get all the appropriate tools to get that bad boy mounted up proper.

I can honestly say this forum and the people here gave me the knowledge necessary to pick the perfect scope for my needs. You guys rock! Special thanks to Josh at SWFA, he had all the answers this morning and help me straighten out my order after I screwed it up.

By the way, I plan to mount it on a PSG1 build I had done a few years back.

Thanks again!

T

FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2011 at 22:15
T,

Welcome to the OT forum!  Enjoy the SS 3x9 - you bought one hell of a scope that should serve you well for a long, long time.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2011 at 22:18
Welcome to the OT! You picked a fine scope & hope you have many years of good shooting with it.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2011 at 22:31
You will always find friends here.

I myself have mounted a SWFA SS on my HK Variants.

With the Forums Help I used a 6-24 by VORTEX (which I use more like a 6-12x) on this .243win HK Variant...I happened to save $500 on what I was going to get.

No one
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2011 at 06:42
Welcome and thanks! 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2011 at 09:52
The SS 3-9x ROCKS!
You made a good choice for a first scope.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
TD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2011 at 19:42
Ah...where's the pixs? I can't see them.

I can't wait to get the SS3-9x42. It should be here on Friday. Unfortunately my rings are backordered so I have nothing to mount it with. Head Banger

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2011 at 09:18
Originally posted by TD TD wrote:

Ah...where's the pixs? I can't see them.

I can't wait to get the SS3-9x42. It should be here on Friday. Unfortunately my rings are backordered so I have nothing to mount it with. Head Banger

You need 50 post before you can post pic.s.
You might want to visit the Boost your count thread.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
TD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2011 at 12:37
I as refering to 338LUPASLAP's pix. I only saw the ol' red x but they appear to be showing this morning.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2011 at 09:27
Originally posted by TD TD wrote:

I as refering to 338LUPASLAP's pix. I only saw the ol' red x but they appear to be showing this morning.
Oh, nevermind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic