OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vulcan AR lowers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vulcan AR lowers
    Posted: January/16/2006 at 02:49
Are these any good?  I've heard that these have a spotty reputation, but I've alos heard that last few years they've gotten quite a bit better?  Apparently there is some sort of a loophole that would allow me to build an AR in California.  However, the only brand available to me right now is Vulcan.  Is it worth my time?

Thanks.
Ilya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2006 at 03:19

http://ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3

koshkin:

Check out AR15.com.

I've seen them talked about from time to time, but I don't know a Vulcan from a Klingon....

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2006 at 03:22

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=262951

I ran a search on AR15...Looks like the Vulcan is not very popular.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2006 at 12:26

Thanks cheaptrick.

I saw those and also looked around the web some more.  I saw a lot of people with problems with uppers and some with problems with lowers.  They make both aluminum and carbon fiber lowers and I found absolutely zero information on aluminum lowers.  The catch is that here in Commifornia I may be able to utilize a loophole to build a real AR out of one of these.  Unfortunately, better brand lower receivers are not available to me, and I am thinking of perhaps buying three or four of these receivers to see if I might get lucky with one or two.

Ilya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2006 at 14:41

So the carbon lowers are legal in Cali?

The Bushmaster Carbon's would be good to go or not??

What a F'd up place to live, man!!........ 

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2006 at 16:17

Nope.  Only ARs with a fixed non-detachable 10 round magazine are legal, which means that every time you reload you have to pull out the pin, tilt forward the upper receiver assembly and manually reload.

However, it looks like for manufacturers who are not yet on the assault weapon list I can get a stripped receiver.  Then if they get added to the list, I can go to the authorities and register the receiver as an assault weapon.  Then I can build it up into anything I want.  Since Vulcan is not yet on the list, I may be able to pull it off.

Ilya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2006 at 17:58
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2006 at 22:39
It is a fixed mag AR.  There are several of this type available here, but I am not especially interested in them.  I think I've got a way to build a detachable mag AR in California.  I'll let you know how it pans out.

Ilya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2006 at 03:03

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=266355

Thread @ AR15.com about keeping it legal in Cali.......

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic