OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS 5-20X50 HD Compared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2011 at 14:21
This still does't answer the question: How was the bar-b-que?

Neat comparison too.
I'm shocked about how the SS compared to the Conquest.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2011 at 15:15
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Magnumdood. I have never even seen a Hendsolt. You send me one and I will be happy to let you know how they compare. Pm and I will give you the address to ship it to.
Wink
Only way my Hensoldt goes anywhere is with me attached to it. Cool
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
k1dude View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k1dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2011 at 16:21
I heard due to flash problems on the prototypes that the 5-20 will be shipping with just an illuminated dot rather than the reticle crosshairs/gradiations. Yet it seems your version has more than just a dot illuminated according to your write-up.
FALex View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FALex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2011 at 18:59
I might be incorrect in my fact-stating here, but was Tasco not the original producer of the "Super Sniper" scope line?  Purchased by SWFA and given a vastly different makeover...I could swear that I recently read this somewhere.  If this is the case, maybe your comparison of a Tasco to an SS was not so off base (see that?  Yeah, that over there?  It's me, grasping at straws Wink
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 07:29
Tasco did market the Super Sniper years ago.  SWFA bought the rights to the Super Sniper line.  They completly changed it to be better built, better quality, better everything.  However they didn't really change the looks to drastically and they still shipped a few with tasco manuals because well basically they operate the same and it saved cost from having more printed.  (I mean really most people know how to mount a scope and zero, who really reads the manual?)  Anyway after the 10X, 16X and 20X popularity SWFA expaned their brand to the SS line. This included the 10XHD and 3-9X.  Both known just as SS and not Supersniper because the dramatic upgrade in glass and making them Mil/Mil.  Given how good they have been recieved they then introduced a few others.  They did a 6X in the original Super Sniper line and a 1-4 in the SS line and now the 5-20 in the SS line.   They have more in the works all the time and have a vast following because of the durablity and warranty. 

So yes once a long time ago Super Sniper was associated with Tasco,  not anymore, and never again thoughWink

(Anyone correct any errors I've made)
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 17:42
(Anyone correct any errors I've made)[/QUOTE] Ur shoes are untiedBig Smile
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 17:48
Excellent
FALex View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FALex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2011 at 19:44
so, I wasn't too far off, huh?  I would love to have one of those Tasco Super Snipers right now...not just for the nostalgia, but to actually put it next to the new SS HD that should be to my home in the near future...damn technology is allowing for great products these days.  In 5-10 years, we'll be ordering SS's that see into the future! Cool
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2011 at 22:04
Got mine in the mail today.  Didn't get to play with it too much, but i put it side by side with my Burris 4-16 Black Diamond.  The SS is amazing next to that scope and I really like my Black Diamond.  More testing to come.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 02:42
[QUOTE=SVT_Tactical]Tasco did market the Super Sniper years ago.  SWFA bought the rights to the Super Sniper line.  They completly changed it to be better built, better quality, better everything.  However they didn't really change the looks to drastically and they still shipped a few with tasco manuals because well basically they operate the same and it saved cost from having more printed.  (I mean really most people know how to mount a scope and zero, who really reads the manual?)  Anyway after the 10X, 16X and 20X popularity SWFA expaned their brand to the SS line. This included the 10XHD and 3-9X.  Both known just as SS and not Supersniper because the dramatic upgrade in glass and making them Mil/Mil.  Given how good they have been recieved they then introduced a few others.  They did a 6X in the original Super Sniper line and a 1-4 in the SS line and now the 5-20 in the SS line.   They have more in the works all the time and have a vast following because of the durablity and warranty. 

So yes once a long time ago Super Sniper was associated with Tasco,  not anymore, and never again thoughWink

(Anyone correct any errors I've made)
                                                  Howdy   THE ENDStick Horse

Edited by JF4545 - June/30/2011 at 02:48
k1dude View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k1dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2011 at 15:41
Does anyone know when the second shipment is due? I'm assuming everyone in the first wave got theirs already. Does anyone know what the order cutoff date was for the first and second shipments?
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:44
Best bet is to call SWFA! Beleive us all the wait is well worth the incovience.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic