OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Compact(Older)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCHootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Compact(Older)
    Posted: June/19/2011 at 10:18
I have a question about a Burris scope I found for sale, specifically about it's age. It is a Burris 4-12x32 AO compact. The model is #206422. I have done a good bit of searching on the net but can't find anything at all referencing this model. Does anyone have any idea how old this scope might be?
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2011 at 12:40

The first reference I find to that scope (Burris Mini Series) being available with an AO is in the 1989 edition of Gun Digest.

By the way,WELCOME to OT.

Edited by 300S&W - June/19/2011 at 12:41
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2011 at 13:25
Burris 4-12x32 AO compact was listed in Cabelsomethingorother's 2004 shooting catalog.
SCHootie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCHootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2011 at 14:37
Thanks for the replies but I guess I should have just went ahead and bought it because somebody else jumped on it.
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2011 at 17:10
I believe if you will look on the sample list you might find one avaliable.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2011 at 12:30
Is there any particular reason you are interesting in that specific scope?  I remember playing with it some time ago and thinking that is not a particularly alluring piece.

ILya
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2011 at 13:37
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Is there any particular reason you are interesting in that specific scope?  I remember playing with it some time ago and thinking that is not a particularly alluring piece.

ILya

That's a polite slam if I've ever heard one! Bandito
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2011 at 13:46
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

That's a polite slam if I've ever heard one! Bandito

That's what I am here for.

ILya
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2011 at 15:11
Thanks Koshkin ;^) I just bought one of the fixed 6x compacts to put on my 22. I was looking for something really small but reasonably priced. The weaver and nikon were both a little too big and the leupold was more than I wanted to spend. This compact came along so I checked with Burris and they said they would change the parrallx to 50yds for me so I figured it might work out OK. I figured if anything the FOV may be small but probably decent glass for sub $100. What did you not like about them.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2011 at 17:26
Originally posted by powderburn powderburn wrote:

Thanks Koshkin ;^) I just bought one of the fixed 6x compacts to put on my 22. I was looking for something really small but reasonably priced. The weaver and nikon were both a little too big and the leupold was more than I wanted to spend. This compact came along so I checked with Burris and they said they would change the parrallx to 50yds for me so I figured it might work out OK. I figured if anything the FOV may be small but probably decent glass for sub $100. What did you not like about them.

I recall image quality as being decidedly unexceptional and eyerelief very finicky.

I liked the smaller of the Burris Compact scopes and still have a 4x20 that has worked very well over the years.

The variable from that line just did not impress me much, although the 2-7x26 was OK.

Why don't you buy a normal rimfire scope?

ILya
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2011 at 18:27
Well being the rifle I want it on can only accept about a 10" scope so the weaver and nikon were out. And the Burris was about 1/3 the cost of a Leupold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic