OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles looses it's US Distributor - Again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 09:09
Must be Tractor Supply
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 10:31
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Does it start with a C?

I don't think so regarding rifle scopes.
Doug
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 11:25
Originally posted by lewwetzel lewwetzel wrote:

FYI:  Kahles scopes do have a large dealer (maybe not technically a distributor) in the U.S. that most people would be suprised to know. Kahles are re-badged for them as a store brand. Does anybody know what company it is?

Kahles re-badged as a store brand?  that is news to me.  I though the only Euro company to do that was Meopta.

ILya
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 11:35

I heard that the Cabela's Euro binoculars were Kahles. There is a resemblance in looks and cost. As far as rifle scopes, they have nothing close to a 30mm or 1" Kahles.

Doug
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 11:51
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

I heard that the Cabela's Euro binoculars were Kahles. There is a resemblance in looks and cost. As far as rifle scopes, they have nothing close to a 30mm or 1" Kahles.

Historically, they were always Meopta (at least in my memory).  The pictures on their website that show their Euro binoculars are DEFINITELY Meopta.

ILya
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 11:55
Cabelas Euro binos are definitely made by Meopta.

If Kahles is producing a riflescope for another brand, it's the first I've heard of it.  Don't tease us, lewwetzel, spill the beans!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 12:03
The Euro's even say Meopta on them.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2011 at 13:23
Thanks for the info
Doug
MeoptaSurujh View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 03:58
Any "Euro" badged products coming out of Cabela's are deginitely NOT from Kahles.
They are Meopta's and say so on each binocular, spotting scope or riflescope sold.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 08:44
Who handles the warranty on the Cabelas euro products?  I would assume they wind up at Meopta to get fixed, but do you send them to Cabelas first, Meopta first, or what?  Also, do the warranties differ at all between the Meopta and Cabelas Euro products?  Thanks.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 09:22
Generally, any product you buy from Cabela's (Meopta branded or Cabela's Euro branded) would go back to Cabela's if there was some issue. 
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 14:23
So how do the waranties differ, if at all?  Does Meopta have a lifetime warranty?  Do the Cabelas Euro's?  Thanks. 
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 15:08
Ive purchased  a Kahles CL 3x10x50 MutiZero and a KX 3x9x42 with the TDS reticle.. I have some quite nice optics these days but even though both these Kahles Scopes cost under 650.00 on sale.  I like them as well if not better then anything Ive got. Someday I hope to find a CL 4x12x52 with a 4A reticle...
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 15:10
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Ive purchased  a Kahles CL 3x10x50 MutiZero and a KX 3x9x42 with the TDS reticle.. I have some quite nice optics these days but even though both these Kahles Scopes cost under 650.00 on sale.  I like them as well if not better then anything Ive got. Someday I hope to find a CL 4x12x52 with a 4A reticle...

How in the world did you get those prices???

I'm all over that...
No one
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 15:20

They had them at an online retailer for that for a few weeks a long time ago, they sold out quick, when i ordered 2 from them they ended up being out of stock.

Edited by SVT_Tactical - June/30/2011 at 15:20
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2011 at 05:12

About 3 years (maybe more) ago, Kahles CLs started showing up on eBay.  I managed to pick up 2 CL 2-7x36 MZs and a CL 3-9x42 for 550$ or less each.  Some of the best optics pickups (next to the Swarovski PHs for 60% of list price). 

Looks like the CLs are now selling for close to retail.  Somebody finally realized that they were giving these away...
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2011 at 06:26
I think it´s sad that a good company is not represented in the US.
Have had a (Kahles) Helia since I started hunting, managed to get hold of another one, Helia Super(4x) some months ago. Good scopes.

As Kahles are (umbrella owned) together with Swarovski optik it could be competing with Swaro so it might be a bad solution that Swaro take over the US distribution.
Hopefully the problem will be solved.

Gerry Atric

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2011 at 07:05
I don't know the specifics from Cabela's, but any Meopta products sold in the USA are covered by a Lifetime Transferable Warranty which covers any manufacturer's defcts or problems that arise thru normal use.  Basically, don't run over the scope with your car, use it as a hammer, drop it off a cliff, etc... and you're ok.  Even if you do do one of those very bad things, we will try to repair the scope at your cost.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic