OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tasco scope,(Japan)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tasco scope,(Japan)
    Posted: June/18/2011 at 09:26
SmileHello,I'm a new member so please bare with me.I just picked up a Tasco  4x32 model #663A Japan -A-707 Opti centered. I was wondering what it is worth.It has the mounting rings and plate to install on the Rifle.I have seen some China made ones on ebay,But it seams that the Japan made ones are worth more?All comments welcome,Thanks Dutchman.Cool
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2011 at 09:46
I'm worthless on that particular scope , but I'd take a Japan model any day before China crap. I'm sure other opinions shall be forthcoming. BTW, welcome! Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2011 at 10:23

A NICE steel tubed Weaver MIGHT get you $80 or $90.    So...................................
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2011 at 13:12
Dutchman,   Your scope won't bring much more than $25 plus or minus in my experience. However I will share that I have an old Japan tasco I've had for at least 30 years . It is a compact little scope and it has sat on my 22 bolt for all those years and I haven't touched the adjustments since it was mounted. Took it out a couple of weeks ago and was shooting a 4" buffalo swinger at 100yds just like always. Keep your scope,if you are like me and trade every now and then it will come in handy when you get a new rifle and are itching to shoot but don't have a scope yet. I have another old tasco 4x and it has served in this temporary capacity on numerous rifles and is hanging right in there.

Edited by powderburn - June/20/2011 at 19:57
hometheaterman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2011 at 14:51
I'd think $25 would be at the high end of things, but that's just my opinion. The ones that seem to go for quite a bit more are the made in Japan ones that are higher powers like 6-24, or 4-16, 8-32, etc. They seem to bring anywhere from $70-150 depending on the day. I've seen a couple go for close to $150, but I've seen a lot more bring $70-90. So in all reality, they don't even go for that much considering what they are and what they probably cost new. They just go for more than the $50 a new one would sell for used.

Edited by hometheaterman - June/18/2011 at 14:52
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2011 at 07:58

I´ll chime in regarding the necessity of a back-up scope (in fact I have two)

1) Bushnell Banner 4x32, made in Japan, similar quality to the japanese Tasco´s 
2) Weaver V9 Microtrac, mechanically still good.

Both scopes are more a necessity for my friends, that ever so often make stupid decisions regarding scopes.Wink

Gerry Atric
hometheaterman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2011 at 23:34
I agree that a backup scope is handy. I recently just sold my extra Prostaff which was my extra scope, and I'm honestly kind of regretting it as I don't have a backup scope now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic