OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver,Nikon,Bushnell owners PLEASE chime in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7025jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver,Nikon,Bushnell owners PLEASE chime in
    Posted: June/13/2011 at 06:50
Comparing the following scopes for use on a Browning T-Bolt 17hmr and would like to hear thoughts and opinions form current owners or any other helpful infomation, as I have owned none of these previously.

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 SF BDC

Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14x40 FC

Bushnell 4-16x40 FC
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 07:03

I can only tell you that I have two GS's. A 4.75x40 on a Marlin 883 .22 magnum and a 3-10x40 on a .270 M70 Classic Fwt.  NICE scopes both.   I will admit they are both short on eye relief which could be a problem on HARD kickers.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 07:05

In order I would pick,    Nikon, Weaver, Bushnell

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 07:49
Check the Sightron Big Sky 3-9 X 36. It has the front A.O. and very good glass. The T Bolt is a dainty little thing...using a big huge scope wrecks the balance and looks (IMO). Another decent choice is the Weaver Rimfire 3-9 X 32 with front A.O. Smile
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
7025jack View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7025jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 07:57
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Check the Sightron Big Sky 3-9 X 36. It has the front A.O. and very good glass. The T Bolt is a dainty little thing...using a big huge scope wrecks the balance and looks (IMO). Another decent choice is the Weaver Rimfire 3-9 X 32 with front A.O. Smile

You're saying what I'm thinkin'.........I'm not sure you are incorrect in that the smaller scope is more fitting for the gun in this instance. Any others come to mind in that size? How does the weaver compare to the leupy 3-9x33 efr?
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 10:43
I'm currently looking at the non A.O. Weaver rimfire 2.5-7 X 28 (donated for testing from a fine gentleman member here). It's every bit as good as the Leupy VXII EFR IMO. Likely any good scope with a 50-60 yard parallax setting will be fine. If your a Leupy fan, their custom shop can / will change out reticles and re-adjust the parallax for reasonable fees. There is a nifty little Minox ZA5 1.5-8 X 32 that looks dandy. They will re-adjust parallax on it for around $60.00 (which I thought was a bit high). I just tend to like better scopes (and will pay for such). Good luck and, BTW, welcome to the forum!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic