OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Marlin Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marlin Stock
    Posted: June/12/2011 at 19:54
Im putting together a Marlin 60 for my girlfriend right now and going with a purple and gold theme (shes a Vikings fan Roll on Floor Laughing)  Trying to find a laminate stock for it in purple or yellowish gold and having no luck... I know they have a grey laminate from factory and if I strip the finish on it and throw purple stain to it would this work or not?  Never tried anything like this and looking for some input thanks everyone
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 05:21

Try here  www.boydsgunstocks.com
froggy
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 06:45

I haven't found any purple or yellow laminates either.  Also haven't read where anyone's had success with changing the color.  Only darkening it.
  How about painting or having painted the original stock or the grey laminate one?  Click on FAQ's.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 07:14
Not sure how much work you wanna put into it but this place has blanks http://rifle-stocks.com/laminated_blanks.htm and some interesting colors
DeonLee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

SPAM Sales

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeonLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 07:01
Great ideas. Thanks for sharing...
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2011 at 08:07
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Rothstein1987 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2011 at 01:29
lol nice guys... Just got back from a hog hunt and have decided to go a different way with the Marlin and build the Vikings rifle with a Ruger due to available parts... Actually found an old style Marlin 60 out where we were hunting too haha
Mausers forever

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2011 at 15:52
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2011 at 19:13
Get it right man Big Grin
Mausers forever

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 04:36
Well the Marlin project is basically done.. All thats left is a new bolt buffer a final polish and a front hood otherwise she is done here are some before and after pictures hope you guys enjoy...
Mausers forever

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 04:45
Polished the Reciever up obviously Sanded out the bolt and polished it up along with getting a used ss barrel and polished it up as well
The front sight is off the one I found in the woods on my hog hunt and has been polished up waiting for a hood yet
Cut the feeder tube and inner tube since the mounting location between the blued barrel and ss barrel is different
Mostly just some cleaning was required for the lower assembly
Reblued the outter tube rear sights cocking lever all the screws and tube holder
Stock is stained with 5 coats of ZAR Black Onyx stain and 3 coats of Tru Oil
Mausers forever

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2011 at 06:56
LOOKS GOOD!!
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2011 at 05:27
Yes, looks good. I have that same rifle. Very accurate rifle too. I put a silver 4x Prostaff on it and had a world of fun. 
Get a lot of misfires though. The problem is in the firing pin I guess. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2011 at 06:54

I LIKE it!

Gonna fix yours ct?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2011 at 08:17
Yeah Earl. I think Brown- els sells the firing pin assembly.

Been trying to shoot the barrel out of my CZ .22 and haven't shot the Marlin much lately. 

Edited by cheaptrick - July/29/2011 at 08:19
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2011 at 09:13

Would this do you any good?  It's a bbl'd action (no trigger assembly) that my son got out of a storage building YRS ago.  GREAT shape except for a bit of paint off the receiver.  Even has the factory sights on it.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2011 at 13:58
That looks like another fun project! lol
Big Grin
Thanks for the compliments guys
Mausers forever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2011 at 14:38
WOW, thanks, Earl! 

I'll take it! Let me know how much you want for it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic