OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss conquest parallax markings, wtf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graywolf.260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeiss conquest parallax markings, wtf
    Posted: June/11/2011 at 23:02
I have a 4.5-14x44 rapid z 800. The parallax dial has labels for the 30 yd and infinity marks but in between are 10 marks with no labels. Does anybody know what distances they correspond to? Zeiss is unresponsive, and I can't find it on the website. It's not a big problem when I have time to focus, but sometimes I want to be able to quickly dial in a known distance- its aggravating.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 23:59
I spoke with Zeiss about this, and they pretty much told me that as long as the image is in focus, you are good to go. I've found that on scopes where they are marked, the marks aren't usually right anyway. On my Conquest, I usually set it so it's clear at about 200 yards in hunting situations, and then don't touch it if I don't have to. It's always been close enough for me, but I only run the scope on 10x for the Rapid-Z to be accurate with my load.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
graywolf.260 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graywolf.260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2011 at 00:26
Thanks for the info from Zeiss. I agree, the numbers are an approximation but I still like to have them. Maybe the best thing would be to make a custom tape label anyway, it would be accurate after setting the reticle focus. 
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2011 at 00:54
Same here, unless I'm on a varmint bench shooting over a wide variety of ranges.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2011 at 14:19
Originally posted by graywolf.260 graywolf.260 wrote:

Thanks for the info from Zeiss. I agree, the numbers are an approximation but I still like to have them. Maybe the best thing would be to make a custom tape label anyway, it would be accurate after setting the reticle focus. 

Making your own tape would likely be more accurate than a factory label, anyway.
-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic