OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Reticles for the SWFA 3-9X42 SS and 10X42HD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Reticles for the SWFA 3-9X42 SS and 10X42HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Reticles for the SWFA 3-9X42 SS and 10X42HD
    Posted: June/10/2011 at 15:23
Having been around for a while now, these scopes are pretty well proven.  About the only common "complaint" one hears about them is due to the plain-jane mildot reticles.  SWFA has stepped up to the plate and given the scopes that one last improvement.

The 3-9:

As you guys have now all seen the Mil-Quad in the 5-20X50HD, the family resemblance should be obvious.  The notable differences are the quads, or diamonds, are solid on this scope and the posts are twice as thick.

As a FFP scope that goes all the way down to 3X without illumination, the reticle needs some boldness to aid with speed down there and this reticle has it.  I know a lot of people use these 3-9's for hunting and this reticle will be a big improvement for the thick woods on 3X.  The best non-illuminated FFP Tactical reticle on 3X I had ever used in such situations up until this point was the IOR 3-18, but this reticle has is even better.

Then when you crank it to 9X you have the 1/2 Mil marks which make precise holds much more easy as well as the 0.2 Mil marks for ranging.

The end result is a reticle that's faster to use and easier to see on 3X, but also offers more precision on 9X.

Here are a couple pics comparing the standard mildot to the new reticle; these should be pretty self explanitory:

Since the 10X42HD never is cranked down to 3X, it had no need for the added thickness and boldness.  The 10X42HD got a reticle identical to the 5-20X50HD.  After writing this entire post I now realize I don't have any pics of it uploaded.  I did take a few though not very many as it looks identical to the 5-20 turned to 10X.  I'll try and find a few shortly but for now here are pics of the 5-20 on 10X, as I remember it it's nearly impossible to tell which pics came from which scope which is probably why I never bothered to upload them.

More to come....

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 15:28
ExcellentExcellentExcellent
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 17:37
Thanks for posting those Jon. Nice to know these guys never sit on their laurels.
Reaction time is a factor...
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 18:06
Nice I like the reticles, it shows SWFA does listen to what shooters want.  I hope to see some scopes land on my doorstep soon also. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 20:33
that new reticle is nice
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 21:28
Fantastic, way to go SWFA.  Excellent
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 21:39
Excellent  Very nice!!  SWFA does a great job with their stuff.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
AKmik View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 23:43

I like it!

This line of scopes and all the positive reviews I have been reading all over the net is definitely impressive.  So much so that today I WAS all ready to purchase a 10x HD.....until I saw this.

Any idea, what are we looking at for availability here. I want to jump on the group buy, but I definitely like the new reticle over the standard mil dot. When will this option be available?

In time for the group buy?

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 23:52
That looks awesome.  SWFA is doing things right.

And those mounts of yours are Bad A__, Jon.

-Matt
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 06:47
Damn it... I need to work more!Bucky
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Ben Diss View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Diss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 08:00
Does anyone know when these will be available?

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 10:41
finally.!
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 13:24
very interested in that 3 by 9 now lol.
Gerald Baker
shaneinhisroom View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaneinhisroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2011 at 13:45
I love these new reticles. I have an older 10x42HD mildot but I can't wait to see the new 5-20 when I get it in my hands!
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2011 at 16:56

Looks like I've got to start saving again,don you CF Wink

But keep up the great work!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
space_weazel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space_weazel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2011 at 22:35
Thats it I'm done, been agonizing for a while, I need two of these stat....
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 14:21
So is the original model with the mil dots going away once stock is depleted, or are there now going to be 2 models?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 18:10
Not sure but if I had to guess I would say that depends on demand if everyone orders one reticle and not the other what people want to buy will be what is produced.  I think we will also see other models sometime in the future with these having such good success.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
lumberjack149 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2011 at 10:03

Any chance of having this new reticle on the group buy kits?

I called SWFA and the kind lady who answered said she wasn’t sure. Didnt know if anybody had any more insight than that?

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2011 at 10:04
Papa Chris is the only one who knows the future deals he offers........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic