OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IJK or Eagle Eye Optics Scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodys556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IJK or Eagle Eye Optics Scopes?
    Posted: June/09/2011 at 10:48
Anybody had any experience with these?

Please enlighten me

I am thinking they are JUNK, unless anybody can change my mind? 

Working a trade for a Rem 700 with one of their scopes on it, no details on which one, yet.

Overall impressions please
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 11:00
Holy crap, even their website is hard on the eyes! That's as far as I got and could get...probably pure crap. Get the rifle, but don't pay anything for the scope.
Reaction time is a factor...
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 12:18
I have looked at them once a while ago.

They are junk and the guy peddling them is a liar and conman.

ILya
Woodys556 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodys556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 12:51
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Holy crap, even their website is hard on the eyes! That's as far as I got and could get...probably pure crap. Get the rifle, but don't pay anything for the scope.

Kind of my take. 

Rifle is a 700 Rem CDL, straight stock in 300 Wheatherby Mag. A freakin cannon, WAY too hot for this area. Great Rocky Mtn Elk gun.
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 15:31
Junk, huh? Ain't that the way it goes. Just when I finally find an outfit that sells rifle scopes and Hungarian music on the same site.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 09:19
Originally posted by Shenko Shenko wrote:

Junk, huh? Ain't that the way it goes. Just when I finally find an outfit that sells rifle scopes and Hungarian music on the same site.

Polkas??????  Now THAT would be a deal...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 09:39
From the site:

"30MM TUBE FOR GREAT LIGHT PICK UP AND VIEWING"

"OPEN TURRENTS FOR EASY ADJUSTMENT OF YOUR WINDAGE AND ELEVATION ALSO COMES 

WITH GLASS POP UPS"

And I really like how they list the scope "features" on the objective bell - and in bright white lettering.

Very tacticool.

Countersniper 2.0

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 09:41
Overall impression: pure garbage.
You'd be better off taking an old paper towel roll, painting it black, and taping it to your gun.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 09:43
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

You'd be better off taking an old paper towel roll, painting it black, and taping it to your gun.

The really sad thing is that some people will actually pay good money for these things...  where's the Food and Drug Administration when you need them?? 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 12:39
RC, I commend you for actually sticking around long enough to read that crap. I couldn't hit CTRL-W on my keyboard fast enough. You've got to protect your eyesight.
Reaction time is a factor...
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2011 at 14:15

If you need a more compact version, use a TP tube instead!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 12:51
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

If you need a more compact version, use a TP tube instead!

A short section of black foam tubing used to insulate water lines would work well. Just think- durability and zero eye- relief issues.

Oh Wait!  A real PLUS! Their "R14 MILITARY MILL DOT" lets you determine if the target is at 25 yds. or even 50 yds.!!

Not only that, but their sekrit best model sells for only $372, which should really give those Hensoldt boys a run, or the runs.

Edited by Alan Robertson - June/11/2011 at 13:03
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
28gauge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 28gauge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2011 at 22:00
I have no axe to grind, but have a opinion of the IJK rifle scopes.  I looked at them several times and finally decided to try one.   I purchased a 4-16X50AO R-5 reticle (1" Tube).  The scope did not seem to hold zero very well on my CZ453 Varmint .17HMR.  I took it back and the dealer gave me another to try (with no hazzles).  The first thing I did was shoot a (3) shot group at 25 Yards...move 64 clicks left and fired two shots touching...moved 64 clicks down and fired two shots touching...moved 64 clicks right and fired two shots almost touching...and then 64 clicks up back to the orginial group...and fired two shots that went back into the same original three shot group (3/8").  The completed exercise looked like a 2" square.  The scope has continued to perform well at 100 yards.  I've had several three shot groups around 1/2" at 100 yards with one group about 1/4".  I've been impressed with the clarity of the scope with the 50mm obj lens, and the AO distances seem to be right on to a 100 yards.  I have not gone any further yet.  Over-all I have been really surprised how good this second scope has been...for its price.  Please keep in mind this scope is on a low recoil rifle. 
E. Engineer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E. Engineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 14:35
Other than 28gauge, all you got in response was a list of knuckleheads with opinions - pretty standard for the internet.

This thread may be old but I stumbled upon it, so if anyone else does, here's my .02 with regard to IJK optics:

I met the family that owns IJK Optics at the Crossroads of the West gunshow in Del Mar.  They have a comprehensive line of optics.  I asked the daughter for a general rundown on the holographic sights, and what she told me was interesting: she said that the holographic sights they sold were accurate and would hold, but she also told me that they were difficult to use outdoors in the middle of the day because the sun would diffuse the MoA, and that if I was looking for something to use during the day I should look into an L3 product. 

Considering the fact that she has a vested interest in seeing her families business achieve profits, her disclosure of the shortcomings of her product before I could even ask says a lot.  They seem like pretty solid people, and they guarantee a replacement if you have a problem.  I bought an illuminated scope from them with a fairly good zoom ability for a LR-308 I'm building.  It should be done in a few months, so at that point I'll post a better review of the product after putting a few hundred rounds through it. 

Until then, here's the advice: don't buy their holographic sights if you shoot outdoors, and if you're considering a product of theirs, ask them.  They'll give you an honest assessment.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 15:37
Ya, we are just a bunch of "internet knuckleheads"....hahahaha.

Welcome to Optics Talk...home of the knucklehead special.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 16:00
And to add, what in the wild, wild, world of sports would I want a red dot site, that I can't use outdoors??!
I guess they made them for elite "entry teams"?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E. Engineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 17:20
Hah.. Well, I'm not part of an elite entry team, but living in an urban area definitely diminishes my opportunities for shooting outdoors.  Even then, I don't know if I'd buy it... I prefer scopes anyway, and I'll do a review on the IJK I bought after I give it a beating.

Anyway, the point is.. if you're a recreational shooter who does the majority of shooting in an indoor range, and you really want a holographic sight, you may be able to save a few hundred bucks and get a sight that is otherwise an equivalent.  The best part about IJK (and really the only information I've gotten from any online reviews) is that if your purchase sucks, they'll replace it with a new one.  If after that it still sucks, write a review about it and tell everyone "E. Engineer" doesn't know what the hell he's talking about! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 17:40
Well Sir, respectfully, I wont be buying one.
I really don't think I need to at this juncture.
I have an Aimpoint T1 and it works indoors and outdoors, with equal effectiveness.

I guess you could say if your not willing to try one, then don't say they are junk, but I've never had the clap either, and Im quite certain I don't want any of it just to render an informed opinion.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 18:18
It took a lot of deep digging to find those old bones.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E. Engineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 18:25
Now I'm confused...

First, I don't care what you buy...  I'm only posting information I know about a certain scope that someone asked about.  Just because my experience up to this point has been good doesn't mean I need you buy buy anything.

Second, I never said "if your not willing to try one, then don't say they are junk."  That's not what I'm trying to say.. I just call people knuckleheads when they talk about things they don't know about.  Hell, one guy says the owner of IJK is a criminal.  Ok..?  How?  Hell, if I wrote a post saying the owner likes to hump doorknobs it would be just as helpful.

You are right about one thing, though - you don't have to have the clap to know it sucks.  But that's because it's common knowledge.  However, whether or not IJK optics is a quality manufacturer of sights is NOT common knowledge - go ahead and google it, or if you're as lazy as I am, just re-read this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic