OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need scope for 308

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need scope for 308
    Posted: June/08/2011 at 17:54
Hey guys this is my first day on the fourm and im looking for a scope that i can put on my xbolt 308 that i will be ordering tommarrow. i have been looking at zeiss nikon and leupold. now i work at gander so those are the ones i would like to stick to since i get my discount on them.  The gun will be for hunting mainly deer and bear and in a couple years i will be applying for antelope. so i was wondering what your guys opions are on these companys. and the ability for the scope to pull in alot of light for bear hunting since shots can be late and within 30 yards. so i dont want to be over powered and just be seeing fur. for zeiss i was looking at a 3x9x40 in the conquest. and the nikon i was looking at a 4x16x42 sf.  thanks for any advice
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2011 at 18:06
Welcome to the OT!

With that said, let me remind you that you are not allowed to advertise the SWFA compertition,go back & reread your agreement to get use of this site.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2011 at 18:30
If I were you, I would get the Conquest 3-9x40 and be done with it.

ILya
brilite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2011 at 19:45
Welcome,
Trijicon Accupoint.
Brian
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2011 at 19:55

WELCOME to ya.

Short and sweet.  +2 for the Conquest 3-9x40.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2011 at 21:18
http://www.opticstalk.com/zeiss-deal-demo-not-preowned-life-warranty_topic29231.html
I just recieved the 4.5-14x44 Zeiss conquest Rapid Z800 off Samplelist. It had one very light ring mark like it was in a mount at a trade show. Excellent piece of equipment. Excellent

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 07:29
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

If I were you, I would get the Conquest 3-9x40 and be done with it.

ILya
+1
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 07:44
Welcome Hunter2009! Add me to the Zeiss Conquest list. My other thought would be a Sightron Big Sky. It has good glass, good tracking, weather coating similar to Bushy Rainguard and great CS. Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2011 at 15:31
+3 for the Conquest 3-9x40.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2011 at 13:25
What everyone else said- if you get a discount, get the Zeiss. Even if you don't get a discount, get the Zeiss.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic