OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

310GR .338 buldozers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 09:04
Nice shooting BD & 1st shot no less Excellent

Trigger do have any plans for 30cal? Would really like to give my .308 a treat....Thanks
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 17:03
The .308's are all but done already. I have a solid match bullet, and a hunting version. .277's have just begun testing, and 6mm is next on the list. Then I'll be moving to 6.5, and 7mm. Then some BIG calibers.

.308 bulldozer hunting bullets
Before, and after firing into ballistic gel.

A 1-10" twist would be an absolute minimum at .308 velocities, and even then they may not stabilize. They work well with a 1-10" at .300 win, or Wby velocities.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 17:05
Hmmm... BIG calibers... like, maybe, like .458?????
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 17:14
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

The .308's are all but done already. I have a solid match bullet, and a hunting version. .277's have just begun testing, and 6mm is next on the list. Then I'll be moving to 6.5, and 7mm. Then some BIG calibers.

7mm?? Sign me up!!! Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 17:15
Just maybe.........and bigger.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 17:17
Don't tease me...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 18:06
I would like to go to .50 cal, and maybe even to .600 and .700 nitro range. I'm not currently sitting on any stock big enough to turn anything that big.......but in time......... That is the trouble. All the research and development time to make them right. Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight. But I'm working on it.

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 18:54
I would like to try some .308s.  Are they going to be for general sale anytime soon?
-Matt
Rothstein1987 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 02:28
Hey I would like to try some 7mm's too Big Grin or 30 cal im not picky haha keep up the good work!
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 07:29
I'm still waiting on a few 308 dozers to pop bambi with
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 07:46
You and everyone else buddy. I'm working on it...........Stupid job keeps getting in the way of my real priorities.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 07:49

What kinda excuss is that.... "i need money to live" lol just kidding buddy.  You know I aint in no hurry and am happy waiting just like everyone else........

trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 08:07
If I see too many more posts of people wanting bullets it will be my stupid new job.....I can't keep up already, and Bigdaddy is my only "customer" Bucky 72 hour work weeks on a 12 hour night shift screw a guy up...........But if I could come in a work an extra day when I get time, it would really be appreciated.........Yeah, that's gonna happen......Idiots. Sorry, I'm done crying now.Big Smile

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 08:28
The 300RUm is 40days out if that helps.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 08:51
UGH......... The 200 gr. bulldozers are about 80...........Bucky

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 08:55

I guess I'm going to move some stuff around in the aluminum tipped ones "IF" the BD are not here when it gets back.

trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 09:02
You are saving those for pigs right???

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 09:08

I was "but" I have to do what I have to do to get you some good numbers so you can! Quit your job, start building bullets, start taking me on hunts all around the world as an official "bullet test trip" research and development assistant. I also with my good looks and all around sexiness can promote the bulldozers to the female hunters around the world.

I can save them for the hogs if you like but my plan sounds better, too me!!!

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 09:09
LOL  "sexiness"!Laugh
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2011 at 14:40
I need "on game" data too.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic