OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandj524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope question
    Posted: May/30/2011 at 15:17
good afternoon all,
I am a new member here and have a question. does anyone have any hands on time with the Millett LRS-1. i guess what I'm asking is how is the quality. I have done an internet search and came up with a lot of mixed reviews on the TRS but very few reviews on the LRS. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 17:12
Welcome to the OT!Howdy the scope u asked about is better off used as a paper weight
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
bandj524 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandj524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 17:54
Thanks Hunter,
I could not find any good about the lrs but did find some good about the trs-1 whats your thoughts about those (TRS-1)?

billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 19:36
Millet, as with most other scopes that are inexpensive, and have a lot of options, sacrifices have to be made to meet the bottom line. Most of the time, this is quality control, and over-all build. If you don't do lot of knob turning, it might hold zero. If you don't put it on a rifle with significant recoil, the reticle might not spin. 
 In my opinion, you get what you pay for... Most of the time. If you can't afford a scope, that cost more than the Millet, you need to start thinking about options that you can do with out. In my opinion the scope that stands out in this category, is the original SS line. The rear- parallax adjusted 10x is the scope I would recommend. It does not have illumination, or variable mag, it just performs. The glass is very good for its price point, and the adjustments are rock solid. 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 22:56
I tried one in a collimator.
With the collimator I can measure the reticle, the click size, and also the repetability.
When I tried the LRS something happend that I hadent seen before, espsially not that to that extent.

I move the magnification from low to high, and somewhere around 7X the point of impact moved considerably. Actually a number of inches at hundred yards, and when having passed 7.5-8X the point of impact went back to where it approximately should be......

Håkan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic