OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper Scopes Quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper Scopes Quality
    Posted: May/19/2011 at 18:53
How is the over all quality of the Super Sniper Scopes,im hearing pros and cons,The cons are to save your money and get a better quality scope then the Super Sniper,your opinions please.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 19:06
For the price, even the early Super Snipers are one of the best deals on the market.  I have "hands on" with the 10x, 16x, 20x, 10xHD and 3-9.  They are all very good quality.  The 10xHD and 3-9 outperform anything in their price range.  My 10xHD sits on my .50BMG and is averaging .75MOA.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 19:19
I have never heard someone say that something more expensive is better than a Super Sniper unless you save $1200-$2000 more, and that is with the $1,499.95 price tag of the new one.
No one
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 19:20
I have an original 10x that sits on a 300 wsm Savage. Never had any tracking errors at all. Glass is clear and bright, especially considering the $300 price tag. I have yet to try any of the H.D. line, other than to look through one of the 3-9 at a local tac-shoot, but can not wait to get my grubby little paws on the new 5-20X50!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 19:27
Well what is your definition of quality?

Lets start with the $300.00 line (I do own one of these.)
  1. It is a fixed power. (Depends upon what your application is on weather this fits your needs)
  2. It has over 120 moa of adjustment (important to long range shooters. Nothing in this price range has this that I have found)
  3. Tough as nails (run over it with your truck and it still works)
  4. Adjustment knobs that are repeatable and accurate (find me another in this price range that is this good)
  5. Glass is good enough to shoot past 600 yards easy. ( Not great glass. It is not 1000 dollar glass)
  6. Warranty and Customer service that can't be beat. ( Might be matched by some but not beat) 

For me a quality scope is one that will do exactly what I need it to do for years on end, and the SS 16x has done that for me year after year. I have never had it not be able to dial in differing ranges, all day long, and return to my original zero. I can count on it. I do not worry about babying it. I am going to have to spend 3 times the money to actually replace it with something that I feel will do a better job. 

I do not own the higher end scopes but from what I can tell they are just as trustworthy, but they have better glass. If you want to know what I am planning on replacing it with, it will be the ss 5x 20. It will give me the variable power I would like and the step up of glass that I am desiring. Will it do the job any better? I do not know. The SS 16 has put my bullet where I want it to go for years.

So to me the quality of the scopes are there. Are they the best. NO. Are they the best for the money. I think they are.
Gerald Baker
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 19:57

SUPER SNIPER ACCURATE and REPEATABLE TO 1 MILE
No one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 20:13
You have such wonderful toys!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 20:24

I would say this sums up my love for SWFA SS line of non HD and HD Scopes...

I don't usually buy CRAP.

No one
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:17
338LAPUASLAP I am guessing that is an Armalite AR30 in 338 Lapua?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:23
The Joker in Batman...
"Where does he get those WONDERFUL toys????"

However, I think he needs 10 more rounds of ammo... just 10 and he'll have enough...

Edited by Kickboxer - May/19/2011 at 22:26

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:24
EXACTLY!Bucky
scap99 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scap99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:24
By no means am I an expert, but I absolutely love my SS 10xHD.
I am famous for having buyer's remorse on everything I buy, but I bought this scope sight unseen based off the reviews.  I've never once regretted getting it.  In fact, I feel a bit guilty lusting after the 5-20 so badly when my 10x is perfect.

In my opinion, I shot it side by side with a NF 3.5-15x50NXS, and there wasn't that much difference in what my eyes saw through the scope to justify buying the NF over the SS.  Not knocking the NF, just trying to illustrate how solid the SS line is.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:36
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

338LAPUASLAP I am guessing that is an Armalite AR30 in 338 Lapua?

Why would you say that???
No one
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 00:22
Took me 7 years to buy mine kind wish I wouldnt have waited as long as I did. Then again I should have waited a little while long and bought the SS 5-20 it is the next one I buy Wink. I'd say its the one the best in the price range and then some.

Edited by hunterwingler - May/20/2011 at 00:24
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 00:36
I have originals in 10x and 6x (both rear focus).

they are dead nutz repeatable.  They also have perfectly good glass ... better than a lot of more expensive stuff out there. 

If you are hearing you need to wait and save more, be ready to save A LOT more!
-Matt
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2011 at 13:21
It used to be that you could just say nothing beat them for the price (and quite a few scopes priced higher). Then the 10X HD and the 3-9X came along and the line became even more compelling. If I didn't already have a NF 2.5-10, I would have kept the 3-9X that I reviewed. Now along comes the new 5-20...HD and illuminated. Those who have seen my recommendations know that I regularly advocate for low end over high end but in this case I've made an exception and ordered one. If I ran a .223 I'd have one of the new 1-4s too. If SWFA introduces a 3-12X I'm likely to never buy anything else again.
Reaction time is a factor...
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 10:17
As a matter of background, I get an opportunity to look at a LOT of scopes, since they are sent to me for testing.

I also own quite a few different brands.  As far as brands go, I have more Super Snipers than anything else.  Two rear focus models: 6x42 and 10x42, along with two newer model: 3-9x42 and 10x42HD.  The new 5-20x50 will be on the way shortly.

I have a reasonably decent idea (well, an educated guess really) of the models they've got in the pipeline and I am quite certain this will not be my last Super Sniper.  Not by a long shot.

ILya
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 11:04
Originally posted by 308 Sav 308 Sav wrote:

Well what is your definition of quality?

Lets start with the $300.00 line (I do own one of these.)
  1. It is a fixed power. (Depends upon what your application is on weather this fits your needs)
  2. It has over 120 moa of adjustment (important to long range shooters. Nothing in this price range has this that I have found)
  3. Tough as nails (run over it with your truck and it still works)
  4. Adjustment knobs that are repeatable and accurate (find me another in this price range that is this good)
  5. Glass is good enough to shoot past 600 yards easy. ( Not great glass. It is not 1000 dollar glass)
  6. Warranty and Customer service that can't be beat. ( Might be matched by some but not beat) 

For me a quality scope is one that will do exactly what I need it to do for years on end, and the SS 16x has done that for me year after year. I have never had it not be able to dial in differing ranges, all day long, and return to my original zero. I can count on it. I do not worry about babying it. I am going to have to spend 3 times the money to actually replace it with something that I feel will do a better job. 

I do not own the higher end scopes but from what I can tell they are just as trustworthy, but they have better glass. If you want to know what I am planning on replacing it with, it will be the ss 5x 20. It will give me the variable power I would like and the step up of glass that I am desiring. Will it do the job any better? I do not know. The SS 16 has put my bullet where I want it to go for years.

So to me the quality of the scopes are there. Are they the best. NO. Are they the best for the money. I think they are.

I think that pretty much sums it up.
As a fellow SS owner, I say you are definitly getting ALOT more than you pay for. LOT LOT LOT
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 11:06
I'm waiting on a 2-60x100mm...

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 11:07
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I'm waiting on a 2-60x100mm...
for a future 20mm?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic