OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Not just Nyala......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not just Nyala......
    Posted: May/14/2011 at 06:34
We also bagged some impala and made an impressive fire!!!

I bagged this ram below not too late in the day, about 4:30 pm. However a heavy storm was brewing and it got dark very quickly. The Leupold 3,5-10x40 (on my rifle above) was clear enough for me to take a headshot at about 75 yds. The ram was looking at me with only half its head visible from behind a tree. I took him just a little off centre from being between the eyes. (entry hole not visible but just on the brown patch)
That is my 300H&H Sako action rifle above. Three of us in these pics used it as only I imported a rifle across the border. Loaded with 200gr SGK we took 12 antelope, all head or neck shots, one shot kills. Rifle, scope, bullet combo perfect and accurate!!

Edited by 8shots - May/14/2011 at 06:37
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 08:26
Excellent
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 12:26
Very impressive Wouter! It is looking like my hunting this year is going to be limited to fire tending and cooking, as I can not draw a tag. 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 13:20
Always enjoy the pictures and the stories. I'm curious as to what your hat says?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 13:44
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Always enjoy the pictures and the stories. I'm curious as to what your hat says?
Big White Hunter That Never Misses and Kills With One Bullet.Wink
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 13:50
Thats what I thought Big Smile
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 14:43
Nice animals their condition looks really good, cant wait to get into the bush. I'm always jealous about the way our American brothers get to buy as many Firearms as the wish, but DAMM I'M GLAD WE DON'T HAVE A TAG SYSTEM. Making everone elses dinner is not my idea of fun.

Regards Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic