OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski Scope now what caliber of Rifle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 16:51
Cooper 280 AI.....anything you need it can do, and then some
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
Huck BB62 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huck BB62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 11:18
I can second the vote for the TC Icon. It's just super slick and very well built. Things I like about it:
1. Solid block mounting. It just makes sense. The bedding is Rock of Gibraltar. 
2. The trigger. It's a great one. 
3. The bolt. Field strippable. This is important to me. Not that others don't do it, but nonetheless a great feature.
4. Hogue overmolded stock. Awesome. 
5. Removeable magazine. It's great having a second in your pocket. It's great to not have fuss with your ammo. 
6. The styling. I just think they did a great job with it. It's different. 
7. The accuracy. Mine is a 300 Win Mag. Near cloverleafs are normal for this thing. 
8. The price. It's a great price. I plan on getting a few more of these things in different calibers, that's how much I like the Icon. They have different models for whatever trips your trigger. 

Second choice, for the money especially, a Savage with it's copy cat aluminum bedded rifle and adjustable trigger.
!!!!!!Joe Arpaio For President!!!!!!
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 19:09
Originally posted by bird_hunter66 bird_hunter66 wrote:

Okay so I've picked out the scope that I am going to get a Swarovski Z3 so now I'm just trying to decide on what caliber of rifle I want to get.  I was thinking a Winchester Model 70, Remington 700, Ruger M77, Browning X-Bolt or Weatherby Mark V.  I'm partial to the smaller caliber of rifles.  It will be used mostly for varmit hunting and and occasional deer in the SE US.  Most shots will be at 300yrs or less and about 80% of them 150 yrds or less.   I'm looking at a .223, .22-250, .260, .7mm-08 or a .270 maybe .280 the largest.  I don't like a lot of recoil that is why I'm interested in these calibers.  I currently own a .243 Remington 700 with a Leupold 2.5x10x42 VXIII.  Would like to hear what manufacture brand you guys prefer and what caliber would be the best for my purpose.  I'l also interested if I ever sold the rifle what caliber is the best seller in order?  Thanks for your help.  birdhunter66

Of the brands you have here I'm a Remington and Browning fella if its just coming off the shelf. You can't go wrong with a Remington 700 7mm08 or a Browning A-Bolt.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the X bolt. Now mind you there could be absolutely nothing wrong with the X bolt I don't own one, but I do have a few A bolts that I love and they are tack drivers with the right ammo. Old timers just like to complain about something because they are so accustomed to shooting a particular rifle. As for the calibur the 7mm08 is a great round.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 19:11
Originally posted by Obi Wan Kenobi Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Originally posted by bird_hunter66 bird_hunter66 wrote:

Okay so I've picked out the scope that I am going to get a Swarovski Z3 so now I'm just trying to decide on what caliber of rifle I want to get.  I was thinking a Winchester Model 70, Remington 700, Ruger M77, Browning X-Bolt or Weatherby Mark V.  I'm partial to the smaller caliber of rifles.  It will be used mostly for varmit hunting and and occasional deer in the SE US.  Most shots will be at 300yrs or less and about 80% of them 150 yrds or less.   I'm looking at a .223, .22-250, .260, .7mm-08 or a .270 maybe .280 the largest.  I don't like a lot of recoil that is why I'm interested in these calibers.  I currently own a .243 Remington 700 with a Leupold 2.5x10x42 VXIII.  Would like to hear what manufacture brand you guys prefer and what caliber would be the best for my purpose.  I'l also interested if I ever sold the rifle what caliber is the best seller in order?  Thanks for your help.  birdhunter66

Of the brands you have here I'm a Remington and Browning fella if its just coming off the shelf. You can't go wrong with a Remington 700 7mm08 or a Browning A-Bolt.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the X bolt. Now mind you there could be absolutely nothing wrong with the X bolt I don't own one, but I do have a few A bolts that I love and they are tack drivers with the right ammo.  Old timers just like to complain about something because they are so accustomed to shooting a particular rifle. My 700s shoot everything well. As for the calibur the 7mm08 is a great round.

Good luck whatever you decide.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic