OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bsa ffp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bsa ffp
    Posted: May/06/2011 at 01:26
"No description of scope... posting links to competitors is a violation of the Optics Talk rules you agreed to when you became a member..."

Thinking of getting this scope should I get it? or save for a weaver tactical ffp or vortex pst ffp?Bucky

Edited by Kickboxer - May/06/2011 at 07:39
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 06:15
Please read forum rules, specifically:

3.  Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition.

BSA scopes are generally junk, and I wouldn't waste my money, save for quality glass.  If you provide more details, rifle, application, and price range, the guys here will give you outstanding advice.

ilikeguns111 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 10:45
I want a variable scope starting with low range magnification starting at 2.5-4x for up close and up to about 14-20 on the high magnification

I want all the bells and whistles such as ffp, mil/mil, zero stop, hold zero etc..

That bsa is not bad for the price they are asking and it has FFP. I think it is along the lines of a falcon menace and famous maker scope.

I don't know if I should take the plunge or save for the weaver tactical.

There is a S&B that I really want but it is way to expensive.

http://swfa.com/Schmidt-Bender-3-20x50-Police-Marksman-LP-34mm-Riflescope-P47629.aspx

Basically I want this scope but in the 1200.00 or less range.

The bsa seems to have almost everything I want. And have everything that is needed for a super cheap price. But, I'm not sure if it will hold up but the deal is almost too good of a deal to pass up.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 10:50
The bsa specs are
ffp
44mm
resettable turrents
side focus
4-14x
mil/mil
not bad for $250.00

What does the hive think?

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:01
Its is a BSA.  BSAs are typically pure crap.  All those features for $250.  That means they had to cut corners big time on the internals and glass and all the parts that really matter. 

IF you have a $1200 budget you have tons of great options.  The Vortex PST 4-16x would be a very good one for you to look at.  You already mentioned the Weaver.  Bushnell elite has a tactical line. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:10
it would take me 2-3 months to save for the weaver or vortexSad
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:16
Originally posted by ilikeguns111 ilikeguns111 wrote:

it would take me 2-3 months to save for the weaver or vortexSad
You could always buy the BSA, replace it a few times, then after a month or two of headaches, save for something you would be better served by.  

BUY ONCE CRY ONCE!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:28
The BSA you are referring it is unadulterated crap.

ILya
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:31
You could buy a SWFA 10x for $300.  Use it while you are saving up for the more expensive scope, then sell it for $250.  All the while having an excellent scope to use while you are saving for a nicer one.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:35
This is a real encounter...

Was at the range a gentlemen heard rumors of me, saw I was shooting "to the extremes" he called over and asked, I denied, and then he said, I was going to have you look through a new scope I just picked up!

I asked what it was, he said its a new FFP 4-14x50 30mm tube with 25mils of adjustment, I asked could I still see it he said sure, I then proceeded to almost laugh (not that I think they are complete crap but because I am familiar with them and they are not new) when he brought out the scope I thought it was a FALCON, nope its a BSA he said, I looked at more thoroughly sure enough a little different, then I looked at the glass against some trees and then the target and then the sky and the outward tree branches and then the grass and then the trees again and then the TREE BUDS, holy crap (a BSA) what in the world, compared it to a few other unnamed brands of scopes and just about lost my lunch.

I am not saying it is the brightest or the best with contrast or less chromatic aberration than higher end glass, but for a BSA I was floored, he paid $325.00 out the door.

I am going to keep this short and watch the incoming.

I might just buy one. 

No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 11:42
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

Was at the range a gentlemen heard rumors of me, saw I was shooting "to the extremes" he called over and asked, I denied, and then he said, I was going to have you look through a new scope I just picked up!

I asked what it was, he said its a new FFP 4-14x50 30mm tube with 25mils of adjustment, I asked could I still see it he said sure, I then proceeded to almost laugh (not that I think they are complete crap but because I am familiar with them and they are not new) when he brought out the scope I thought it was a FALCON, nope its a BSA he said, I looked at more thoroughly sure enough a little different, then I looked at the glass against some trees and then the target and then the sky and the outward tree branches and then the grass and then the trees again and then the TREE BUDS, holy crap (a BSA) what in the world, compared it to a few other unnamed brands of scopes and just about lost my lunch.

I am not saying it is the brightest or the best with contrast or less chromatic aberration than higher end glass, but for a BSA I was floored, he paid $325.00 out the door.

I might just buy one. 

These scopes are new for this year and I spent some time looking at them during SHOT.
Apparently, there is factory in China that is marketing high erector ration scopes because Barska also had one, I think.

I really wanted to like them, but they are headache inducing crap with strange knobs.  No two were alike and I looked at half a dozen of these scopes.

ILya
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 16:16
C'MON guys, tell us what you really think about BSA Clown
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 19:07
Looks like I'm going weaver tactical.

I just need 300.00 more dollarsYippee
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 19:17
I have found and used BSA"s that were NOT garbaage (double a intentional)... however, not many.  I have a BSA "Sweet 22 6-18 on my 10/22 that I think the world of, would not get rid of, I had another BSA that I gave to a friend that had worked well for me, but broke almost as soon as he put it on his rifle.  Inconsistency is the only BSA constant.  

Weaver has had some problems, but seems to be improving.  You made the better choice.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 21:09
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

I might just buy one. 

These scopes are new for this year and I spent some time looking at them during SHOT.
Apparently, there is factory in China that is marketing high erector ration scopes because Barska also had one, I think.

I really wanted to like them, but they are headache inducing crap with strange knobs.  No two were alike and I looked at half a dozen of these scopes.

ILya

Well just your line about how you wanted to like them sounds like you went into it with a clear mind. 

And the fact that a half dozen and they were all over the place makes me want to Run as far away as possible.

Besides the Mechanics...Which I think we can all agree is the most important part of the equation for shooting a scoped rifle...

How did you feel the glass was?

Again not have a product that is consistent from 1 product to the next same product is just scary to me.

Thank you for the heads up looks like I will be saving 3 bills...
No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic