OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader
    Posted: May/03/2011 at 22:30
I ran across a guy that had one of these at the range today -  Very cool if you have a Ruger Mark 2 or 3 or Browning Buckmark pistol.  

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2011 at 11:13
Kewl!
I want one, just as soon as I get a Ruger Mk II or III, or Buckmark.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2011 at 11:17
Wow, that is cool.  Now I want a Ruger pistol as well.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
trappinjohn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trappinjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2011 at 16:17
I have a Mark II,  that is AWESOME!!!
If it works like, it's worth 5 times that much.

Thanks for posting
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2011 at 16:45

Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2011 at 20:32
My Mk III is threatening me if I don't get one of these for it            Peeker.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2011 at 21:06
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

My Mk III is threatening me if I don't get one of these for it            Peeker.

Excellent  ...mine too (MK II)!!

Edited by mike650 - May/06/2011 at 10:36
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2011 at 07:44
Nice looking pistol Mike. Your's?
If so, did it come with those sights?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2011 at 10:10
I had never noticed one of these gadgets before and it looks like a big clear piece of plastic so I didnt pay much attention to it till he showed me how it works.  This thing is very cool you dump loose ammo into it and tip it back and forth and it sorts the ammo and you stick a mag in and it loads the mag. This is really cool  and fast,  and will definately save your thumb.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2011 at 11:14
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Yes

The rear sight is OEM, the front sight is HIVIZ, the grips are Houge (with right hand thumb rest).
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2011 at 11:30
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Yes

The rear sight is OEM, the front sight is HIVIZ, the grips are Houge (with right hand thumb rest).
 I like itThunbs Up Been looking for something similar.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2011 at 11:55
i've been wanting to get teh 22/45 for a plinker
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2011 at 19:13
Beware of Gen 3 they are a major pain to take apart and put back toghether the Gen 2 was bad enough but Gen 3 is an exercise in putting the mag in and out of it at the right time since it has a feature that wont allow it to fire without the mag in it.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 08:35
Disassembling any Ruger 22 auto is like a Chinese puzzle, putting it back together is even tougherBucky
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2011 at 17:05

Disassembling any Ruger 22 auto is like a Chinese puzzle, putting it back together is even tougherBucky
You just have to be smarter than the pistol.

That's what i tell myself every time I take down the Mk II.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2011 at 07:50
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

You just have to be smarter than the pistol.

That's what i tell myself every time I take down the Mk II.
 I've disassembled and assembled a lot of different guns, but the Ruger Mk I was a puzzle that I still don't understand. I got it back together and I don't know how I did it, it even worked. It's like a mule; it will go back together when it wants to go back together and not a second sooner.Whacko
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2011 at 16:26
Well if you really want to know I'll tell you about the Ruger semi auto pistol MK1 MK2 Mk3 as I have had all models and of them the Mk2 is my favorite.  The Mk3 has a system that will not allow it to fire with the magazine removed and it has a loaded chamber indicator - what that means is the loaded chamber indicator is just one more unnecessary part to jam up the correct operation or break causing catestrophic failure and its ugly as well. The device that prevents the pistol from firing without the magazine in the pistol is the idiot idea that makes the Mk3 so unreasonably difficult to know how to take apart however instructions are provided with the pistol.  Taking the Mk 3 apart is an exercise in taking placing the magazine in the gun clicking it on an empty chamber so that the hammer will fall forward then removing the magazine and then removing the mainspring on the rear of the pistol.  A basic understanding of the mainspring and how it works is quite helpful in puttint these back together once apart.  A close inspection of the hammer will show that there is a small piece of metal that dangles from the back of the hammer.  Realizing that piece of metal goes down into the main spring to form spring pressure which drives the hammer makes one realize that that piece of metal is the key to making the system operate. There is a little cross bar more forward that it likes to hang up on, and the position of the hammer forward or back can be  altered by using gravity (holding the pistol upside down) and by depressing the trigger which with MK3 only works with the magazine inserted.   As the mainspring is closed the small bar on the back of the hammer depresses into the recess within the mainspring.  So if the mainspring has not tension as it is closed obviously the bar is in the wrong place and is not depressing the spring.  As the mainspring is closed spring tension should develope in the last quarter inch and the center latch can then be closed to secure the mainspring.  Hammer has to be forward to take the gun apart.  Hammer has to be back and the rear bar in the right spot to put the pistol together.  Many people select not to ever take these apart and choose only to clean them with gun scrubber.   On the up side these are the most reliable 22 pistol I have owned, so if you dont have one yet you probably should.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic