OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sightron Big Sky 3-12x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimFromTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sightron Big Sky 3-12x42
    Posted: May/02/2011 at 14:50
I got a new sightron big sky 3-12x42 last mont and I took it out finally to shoot it.  If I was looking thru it at a target at 100 yards on 12x, it was blurry.  If I moved my head around enough, I could get it to eventually focus.  On 10x, it was fine.  Is this normal?
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 16:03
Did you get the one with A.O. or not? Typically, once you get over 10X or so, a parallax adjustment of some nature is required. If yours has one, adjust it... (LOL ,not trying to be a smart azz). If yours does not have the A.O., I guess you'll have to live with it as is. Smile
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2011 at 18:11
Jim. I have the same scope and mine starts to show mirage above 10x when conditions are right. Usually mid morning as the earth is really starting to heat up. If you get a chance try it right after first light and see if it is any better. Mine also appears to be better at longer ranges when the power gets cranked above about 8-9x. At 100 yds I find 7x to be about the sharpest image while at 250 it seems to be about the same across the board. As Bugs said, without an A/O of some sort 12x is begining to push it a bit. At no time however is mine truly blurry or do I have to move my head around,. If that's the case they may have had a bad one slip by. I have 2 3-9's and a 3-12 and all three are excellent scopes.

Edited by biggreen747 - May/02/2011 at 18:14
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic