OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:43
I also think it was a simple omission...but you could call SWFA tomorrow and ask.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 22:45
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

They could be rated for 20mm or 105mm or 120mm...

Welding that back together is going to be HARD!
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 08:22
No welding, that would add to the weight & throw zero off.Got to use super glueWink
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
cronscript View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cronscript Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 20:21
Anyone know if the Weaver Grand Slam sunshades will fit on these?  There is a report on sniper's hide that the Nightforce 50mm sunshades work.

cronscript View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cronscript Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 20:33
Originally posted by cronscript cronscript wrote:

Anyone know if the Weaver Grand Super Slam sunshades will fit on these?  There is a report on sniper's hide that the Nightforce 50mm sunshades work.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2011 at 15:26
given a bit of time SWFA will have them along shortly, if not already in the works I would imagine within a month they will be on market
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 17:12
SVT is correct we will have a sun shade available soon.
scap99 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scap99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2011 at 19:46
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

Want to say Thanks to all at SWFA [Chris & the gang]for the sweetest deal ever on a one great scope ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent

Also Thanks to the Sniper Hide [Frank]for their big push Excellent

I'd like to tag onto this one and say thank you, as well.

I ordered mine last night along with a set of Badger rings...I just couldn't wait for 10k likes. 

You guys rock!  Yippee

KrazeLegs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrazeLegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 08:27
50 Cal Proof?

This is probably a dumb question, but is the new scope spec'd out for 50 cal?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 11:26
I am pretty sure that it is spec'd up to .50's, but the only way to make sure is to call SWFA. I believe they are closed because of the holiday today, but will be open tomorrow.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2011 at 14:14

Most definitely .50 BMG proof.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 18:21
Looks like you have a winner there Chris -  CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY !!!

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Cody.e.Smith View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 20:12
With as helpful and informative as everyone here is, I am very glad that I found this site.  

Thank you Jon for the great pics and description of this scope.  I am currently waiting for my SS3X9 for my MK12 and after reading everything posted here, I think I have to trade in the glass on my LR-308 for this now.
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2012 at 07:39
Confimed a couple things with my new SS 5-20 yesterday.

1.  The damn thing is heavy!  Not a complaint, just a honest observation.

2.  The glass rocks.  It it the clearest that I've ever used.  I likes.

3.  It tracks the way it should.  Mounted on my Savage 10PC  - 20 inch barrel, I took it out to a buddies corn field whrere there are some long field trails to shoot on.  Using some recently cooked up handloads, derived from the OCW method - 150 Gr. Hornady SST's, Hornady Match brass, CCI primers, 46.5 Grains Varget, 2.735" COAL, I was able to dial up 3.7 mils (from 100 yd zero) and DING on some steel at 550 yards (varified by a Zeiss PRF).  This load shot MOA or better with boring regularity - I think I found my deer hunting pill!

By the end of a hot day, I can confirm that I have absolutely no buyers remorse!!!!

My hat is off to you SWFA for a great affordable scope.  Much more scope than I ever thought I'd be able to afford.
Mactrev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 16:34
My SS 5-20X HD non illuminated arrived today. This is the 1st scope that I have ever ordered  - the next one on the way is my SS 1-6X HD. I just wanted to say that after looking at many scopes at nearby stores & shops - this scope is one hell of a bargain !!

Scanning my farm with this scope at 5X , I spotted a cat nearly 200 plus yards away & the clarity of glass on this scope was fantastic. At 10x the picture was even better edge to edge .  I also like the reticle too .

This is going to go on my   Browning 30-06  

Congrats SWFA on a great product ExcellentExcellent 

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 19:04
Originally posted by Mactrev Mactrev wrote:

Scanning my farm with this scope at 5X , I spotted a cat nearly 200 plus yards away & the clarity of glass on this scope was fantastic. 

A fellow cat shooter??  Wink  Sharp Shooter
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
raclarkson View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 19:31
Nice.  I'm glad you got it.  What kind of outfit takes your order online and then takes your money knowing they are out of stock?  Naturally, they don't issue the credit even as it only took about 3 minutes to put the hold on the funds.  Last time with these guys for this customer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 19:33
Sir, I seriously doubt your card was charged for a product that wasn't shipped...
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 21:13
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by Mactrev Mactrev wrote:

Scanning my farm with this scope at 5X , I spotted a cat nearly 200 plus yards away & the clarity of glass on this scope was fantastic. 

A fellow cat shooter??  Wink  Sharp Shooter

You called?

To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2012 at 21:16
Originally posted by raclarkson raclarkson wrote:

Nice.  I'm glad you got it.  What kind of outfit takes your order online and then takes your money knowing they are out of stock?  Naturally, they don't issue the credit even as it only took about 3 minutes to put the hold on the funds.  Last time with these guys for this customer.
Yeah i don't think they miss those that complain and whine
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic