OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New SS 5x20 - cat out of the bag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New SS 5x20 - cat out of the bag
    Posted: April/30/2011 at 18:27
For those of you waiting for what the next new SS variable is............. wait for it...............

I'm still holding out for a 2.5-3 x 10-12.  Oh well, maybe next year, or a nightforce.

SWFA, what's the price on this 5x20 going to be?
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 18:42
I am disappointed BIG TIME...

WHY OH WHY OH WHY DO WE ALWAYS HEAR IT FROM OTHER PEOPLE ON OTHER SITES FIRST...

I have personally not contributed to the Hide, but after getting more info over their about the SWFA product OVER THERE, I guess I need to start contributing.

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - April/30/2011 at 18:54
No one
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 18:45
Now the drooling starts!Love
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 18:48
This is sickening to me.

I will now have to trade in glass I have just purchased...

I did not even get a heads up...

No one
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 19:01
What, you don't have one already? Most of us have been using them for a while now...if our name is Lowlight!

Seriously though, it could be a while before we see them on the SWFA site. Sounds like he likes it so far. To echo one of the posters over there, I'd be eager to get my hands on a 3-12. It's a very nice looking scope, that's for sure.
Reaction time is a factor...
P Smitty View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 19:13
Price not comfirmed..  Well its not a CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET Scope anymore.
Would like to see a little more love from SWFA instead of finding out on another site.                        I do really like it so far... Can't waite for LL's review.
The only easy day was yesterday.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 19:28
My most sincere apologies, we were going to break it here bur Frank could not contain himself (can't blame him).

He got the prototype today and I did not know he was going to make that post.

JonA has one too and he is going to post some really good pics here and his impressions.

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 19:44
Look forward to details.

Looks like a really nice scope in a really competitive market.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 19:48
Apologies, I don't want them...

I will accept one for review and nothing less...j/k...not really...

I would love to test one out...

I am not suppose to let the sun go down While I am mad at you Chris...

So if you send me one for review I will not be mad any longer...

Just Joking sorta .kinda .not really.

It looks great and I am just jealous and envious that is ALL...SadCencored

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - April/30/2011 at 20:03
No one
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 19:57
Awesome.  Can't wait to get more details on this one.  It looks great Chris, I like how you put the parallax and illumination both on the same knob.  Excellent
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 20:16
Very nice.  The reviews will be impressive I am sure.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 20:50
Slap,

There's only two in existance right now and as soon as one of them comes home we'll get it out to you.

Cool
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 20:55
It really looks great Chris... Looking forward to the reviews!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 21:05
I don't need you to do that for me...

I just shared with a few of the guys... My wife is ragging it so I am as well...

I will gladly and patiently wait my turn...

Others on here more deserving than me...I can think of ILya, Rancid, Supertool, KB just to name a few...

I will take back all my comments and just forgive you It was not your fault (I will accept the things I cannot change and....j/k)...

I truly know you would have posted the info first if you knew someone else was going to...

Again I await patiently (or at least until you block my phone number) and try to not call to many times to see "Are they here yet? Are they ready?...

As you now know everyone is in clear astonishment they are this close.

I will however be wanting to cancel a few backorders with you on the PST 6-24's to wait for the SS but I will call Brady to inform him...

Again Chris thank you for your site you host for us and your service you provide...

I keep on fighting my urge to ask a.... what I said I would not so....ummm...I have to go and clean my mouth out I am bleeding some how I bit thru my tongue and my bottom lip within the writing of this...

When?
Peeker

J/k 

Please everyone respect them R & D is a pain and can take a long time, the SS 1-4 took like what 6-8 months conservatively...

No one
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 21:29
I would offer to take it elk hunting as a test for them, but I am not sure they want a horse rolling on it.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 21:32
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

I would offer to take it elk hunting as a test for them, but I am not sure they want a horse rolling on it.

True, I'd hate to be responsible for our scope harming such a beautiful creature.  Shocked
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 21:38
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

True, I'd hate to be responsible for our scope harming such a beautiful creature.  Shocked

Very true.  I only roll my horses down rock slabs and mountains sides.  Not need to kill him with a scope.  But the offer stands if you would like.  Or you could just come up and hunt with it yourself.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 22:14
Great job CF,not only a nice looking scope but the coolest looking mil-diamond ret on the plane Excellent 

Edited by stickbow46 - April/30/2011 at 22:26
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2011 at 00:15
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

My most sincere apologies, we were going to break it here bur Frank could not contain himself (can't blame him).

He got the prototype today and I did not know he was going to make that post.

JonA has one too and he is going to post some really good pics here and his impressions.

Well, if you come up with another prototype any time soon, I am working on another High End Tactical article and I am sure I could squeeze in a new Super Sniper while I am at it...

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2011 at 09:02
My Hensoldt ZF 6-24x72 is sitting on the .338 virtually unused... 7 short of a box of shells through the rifle to date.  Just when I was going to spend some time shooting with it, the tornadoes came... plus I am now considering the Spuhr mount before I really start to wring it out.  
I have a driveway that is almost impossible to drive on, due to storms, that I have to repair today.   A major test series coming up.  I am looking at probably August before I could spend any time with any scope.  
I sure would like to see "Slap's" review, though.  
Congratulations to SWFA/Chris on getting this scope out.  Long awaited, much desired.  JonA always takes good pictures...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic