OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

B&L Spotting Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORsouthpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&L Spotting Scope
    Posted: April/29/2011 at 23:05
I just picked up my first spotting scope. I paid 75.00 dollars for a used Bausch and Lomb LER 22x60mm that looks like it has never seen any field use. I know that they no longer are made under the B&L name but does anyone have some info on this generation of scope? It appears to have pretty decent optical clarity, multicoated lenses and very good eye relief.  

Also, I would like to try and get into the Digiscoping with this unit, what adapters work best for the older straight eye piece scopes? 

Thanks!
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 10:16

Welcome to O.T    Had one for about 20 some years and than sold it for 125$  looks like you got a good deal, wish i still had it....  do not know if any one makes bracket for camera. kinda don't think so.

"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
ORsouthpaw View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORsouthpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 12:13
The Model No. is 61-2260 and in looking at the Bushnell product it looks just like the Elite line. It has the same basic body as the 15-45x60mm but without adjustable magification and it Elite label on the bell.
Bushnell Elite 78-1548P - Spotting scope 15-45 x 60

Based on what the fixed 22x eyepiece goes for I'im thinking I got a pretty good deal. Now If I can just figure out the adapter I'll be off to digiscopeland.

Johnny View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2011 at 14:30
You can get a universal adopter that mounts on the eye piece of the scope and an adjustable mount for the camera in one unit. I have one but haven't tried it yet, but looks like it should work.Smile
Black Bear Road
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2011 at 19:59
Originally posted by ORsouthpaw ORsouthpaw wrote:

I just picked up my first spotting scope. I paid 75.00 dollars for a used Bausch and Lomb LER 22x60mm...
Ach!! I feel cheated!  I paid $77.00 for mine!

As to digiscoping, you should be able to just hold your camera up to the eyepiece and get reasonable results.  However, these older, fixed-mag B&L's, their variable power brethren and the identical 60mm Bushnell Elite scopes (as well as similar scopes by Nikon, Burris, etc.) don't, to my knowledge, lend themselves real well to the various digiscoping adapters. 
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic