OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope Problem / Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 193296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope Problem / Question
    Posted: April/21/2011 at 08:23
I have an HK 630 rifle with an HK05 scope mount and rings. The scope mount and rings are specifically made for this gun and other mounts will not work on the gun without modifying the gun itself.

Earlier this week I put a scope on the gun using the mount and rings and then tried to bore sight. When I tried to bore sight, the elevation will not match up. It is not even close and is very high. I have not actually tried to shoot it yet, I have only tries to bore sight.

There are no elevation adjustments on the mount itself.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to how I can correct this?

Thanks.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 08:29
Probably need to shoot it first
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 08:34
At what distance are you bore sighting it?  Laser bore sighter?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
193296 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 193296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 08:44
Its not a laser bore sighter - I guess it is mechanical. There is a grid you see when you look through the scope and you adjust accordingly. I've used it one time before (different gun and scope) and it got me on the paper with first shot which is really all I was trying to do.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 08:51
I would try shooting it at 25 yards just to verify the results of the bore-sighter. That way your not using a  bunch of ammo to find your impacts. Might need a scope with more internal adjusment.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 11:01
I would shoot it too sometimes the bore alignment isn't so great on those collumator sp? type bore sighters and that will cause the issue you have. I might just go to the range with a couple of boxes of shells , a buddy and some big backing sheets and if need be get it on paper at 25 or 50 yards using the old 3 bullet sight in technique. Once it's on the target thn move it out to 100 yds and tweek it then.

3 bullet method

using the same aim point shoot 1 shots. Then while you hold as tightly as possible on the original aim point have your buddy adj the turrents so that the choss hair moves to cover the original bullet hole.Holding the gun as still as possible is important. Verify with a shot at the same aim point adjust again as necessary. fire 3rd shot for verification. By the 3rd shot the bullet s/b close or on the original aim point.
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 11:18
At what range do you actually want to "zero" the rifle? Approximately how high above the center of the bore is the center of the scope tube? How high is the reticle on your collimator?
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic