OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver V3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver V3
    Posted: January/03/2006 at 21:44

Hey everyone, this is my first post, hopefully of many. I'm looking at a Weaver V3 and was wondering if any of you have any experience with this scope, good or bad. Thanks in advance,

Cory

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2006 at 04:24
It is a very nice little scope.  Good optics and very wide field of view.  The 1x is a true 1x, not 1.something other than zero as it is in many other scopes.

I like low range variables and I've spent time with quite a few of them.  What is your application?  What is your budget?  That usually governs what the recommendation would be.

Ilya

Konaboy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2006 at 17:28

Well, it's on an online auction site, and was just wondering if it was worth throwing in a bid on it. My application would be for on my 6.5x55 Swede. My maximum range I can see is only about 100 yards, so that's why I asked about this one. Thanks for the reply,

Cory

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2006 at 19:49
Well, it is a nice scope and within a hundred yards it should work just fine.  Basically for under $200 there are a couple of nice low range variables that I can recommend of Weaver V3 1-3x20 and Burris Fullfield 2 1.75-5x20.  Either one would work just fine.

Ilya
JPinSC View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2006 at 22:29
I have used a V3 on my H and H slug gun for years and think it is one ofthe best bargains in scopes around. It stands up to recoil and holds its zero, has a huge fireld on vision on it's lower range, allows very precise groups and good shot placement at 3X,  and sells for about $140 if you watch the sales.  It is brighter and clearer than one has a right to expect in its price range.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2007 at 17:18

I just ordered the V3 for my AR Carbine.  I have been reading about it for a long time and now I will have one.

Seems like a perfect scope for the carbine.

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
snafu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 06:48
is Weaver's website screwed up?  The V3 description says "almost 30 yds FOV at 100 yds", but the Specifications Table of all their scopes shows the V3 FOV at 1000 yds to be from 87' to 30.75'

huh ?

http://www.weaveroptics.com/pg6_7/pg6_7.html

I just sold my only AR, but if I get another one, this sounds like a good scope to put on it.
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 22:22

I have the V3 and keep it on 3x because at lower power I see too much of my barrel which is distracting.  I'd be completely satisfied if it was a fixed 3x.  I see targets well up to 150 yards and thats about my limit with it.

It's also only 8.5oz plus it has a short body which doesn't throw off the balance of my rifle. 

I love this scope! 

Smitty

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2007 at 14:52
Snafu....PM coming your way, Brother.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2007 at 18:56
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic