OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Bushnell Elite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Bushnell Elite
    Posted: April/06/2011 at 08:52
Just got one in and was pleased to see they are still made in Japan. Looks to be the same quality we have come to expect from the old 3200/4200 series.
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 09:46
Have you compared it to the previous 4200 model to see if it is optically better?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 09:52
Great to hear, Bill!

What's different about them vs. the 4200 series?  They advertise some kind of change to the Rainguard coatings, as they now call it "Rainguard HD."

The one change in Bushnell Elite scopes in general that really disappointed me was the reduction in reticle choices for each model.  For some scopes, you can only get their generic plex, which I don't like as much as their Firefly plex design or a #4 for a hunting reticle. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 16:22
Couldn't agree with Ted more. This is one of the reticles from Bushnell that I'd like to see available in more of their hunting scopes. It's called the 3-2-1 Low Light reticle and appears to be the same as the FireFly reticle. Two of my hunting rigs have the 4200 2.5-10x40 FireFly reticle and IMO it is one of the best low light reticles available and not because of the glowing feature when "charged" with a flashlight either. For my wish list, I'd like to see the return of the 1.5-6x36 with the FireFly or the 3-2-1 Low Light reticle shown below. Give that scope around 3.75 - 4 inches of eye relief and I'd be a happy guy.  

Edited by Roy Finn - April/06/2011 at 16:26
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 17:54
They still offer that reticle in the new elite series in 3-9x40.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 18:25
That's good news. Thanks for the heads up, Dave.
WYcoyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WYcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 20:09
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

Two of my hunting rigs have the 4200 2.5-10x40 FireFly reticle and IMO it is one of the best low light reticles available and not because of the glowing feature when "charged" with a flashlight either.

+1  I like mine too.
WYcoyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WYcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 22:29
Originally posted by DAVE44 DAVE44 wrote:

They dogged us a little on eye relief @ 3.3".
Same as the old one I think.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 22:40
Originally posted by WYcoyote WYcoyote wrote:

Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

Two of my hunting rigs have the 4200 2.5-10x40 FireFly reticle and IMO it is one of the best low light reticles available and not because of the glowing feature when "charged" with a flashlight either.

+1  I like mine too.
+2
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 23:45
Originally posted by DAVE44 DAVE44 wrote:

Yeah, but they used to offer it in multiple scopes and offer more reticle choices in general in all models. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Seamaster View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seamaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 16:12
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Great to hear, Bill!

What's different about them vs. the 4200 series?  They advertise some kind of change to the Rainguard coatings, as they now call it "Rainguard HD."

I bought Elite 4200 3-12x44 Mildot last year before the new Elite line came out. It has "Rainguard HD" coat already. Also with HD sticker on the scope itself.

I love my Bushnell 4200. But if only talk about image quality. My Minox 2-10x40 ZA5 is better. while my 4200 with 30mm tube has lager FOV (image picture).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic