OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to dismantle and clean older style Pentax 10x2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How to dismantle and clean older style Pentax 10x2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullseyebolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to dismantle and clean older style Pentax 10x2
    Posted: April/04/2011 at 23:11
Hi, I have just bought an older Pentax 10x24. When I look backwards through one of the lenses I can see lots of grime and dust built up on what looks like a mirror or piece of glass in the middle of the unit. So, given that this was so cheap I thought I would risk it and dismantle the case to give the inside a clean up. The problem is that I cant even see where to start taking the unit apart to get inside? Can anyone help? Thanks.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 06:10
dont try this ...optics aren't meant to be disassembled ..It's a job better left to the manufacturer, and may even be a warranty issue ( cross your fingers).. give Pentax a call at (800) 877-0155
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic