OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bino Case/Harness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bino Case/Harness
    Posted: April/04/2011 at 00:19
Any suggestions for good bino harness and case system.  I like the Badlands harness and case with harness, but they are seperate.  The case that has a magnetic latch is attached to a harness.   The binos are not attached, so when I would get to the woods, take one off and put one on.  I would like a single system.  Any suggestions?

Ricky
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2011 at 00:53
I use a standard "bra" style harness, and tuck the bins into my jacket when I need to.

http://swfa.com/Butler-Creek-System-P46329.aspx
-Matt
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2011 at 00:59
swfa looks to have some good prices.  I am gonna start checking out those guys.  Thanks
Ricky
etudiant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etudiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2011 at 21:13
Hi RDM,
The BinoManager does just what you want, a half pocket covers the glass and holds it to your chest, so it does not bounce around. The glass is held by the harness shoulder straps, which are nice and wide.
Currently on sale at Competitor

I have used them for several years and think it is a superior design.

Edited by Chris Farris II - April/06/2011 at 16:18
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2011 at 00:00
I had the Bino Manager mentioned above for a few years and really liked it because the pouch kept the binocular securely held against my chest. I recently upgraded to a bino pack by Alaska Guide Creations and it has proven better for me than the BM, primarily because, in addition to my binocular, it can also hold my GPS, a small rangefinder, some basic survival gear, etc. all at the same time. However, similar to the Badlands pack, the AGC is not permanently attached to the binocular. I like this because it lets me easily take my binocular to places where a bino-bra would be obtrusive or innapropriate. However, you mentioned wanting your binocular permanently attached to your harness so; it may not be the thing for you.
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 21:41
Thanks guys!
Ricky
Rothstein1987 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 21:50
Thunbs Up to the Bino Manager although the harness is a great buy also..
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 22:46
Originally posted by lucznik lucznik wrote:

I recently upgraded to a bino pack by Alaska Guide Creations 

There you go, making me think I need to spend money again.  I really like the looks of that design.
-Matt
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 09:25
I've got the Alaska Guide Creations system and I like it, but have a few issues.   I use it for my SLC's. The fit seems a little too snug, and  it becomes very snug with the objective covers on.  You can't get them out of the bag very quickly at all.  Protection is great, so I've been using mine mostly as a case.    
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 23:18
They look a little big. Do they get in the way? Check out the Badlands Bino case from Cabelas. Let me know what you think.
Ricky
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2011 at 17:43
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

I've got the Alaska Guide Creations system and I like it, but have a few issues.   I use it for my SLC's. The fit seems a little too snug, and  it becomes very snug with the objective covers on.  You can't get them out of the bag very quickly at all.  Protection is great, so I've been using mine mostly as a case.    
I had a similar problem with my Porro prism B&L Discoverer.  The AGC is (I'm told) made in two sizes so; you might be able to get one better sized for your SLC.  Now that I have my GR Switch Power I have come to really like the AGC as the binocular fits perfectly, slipping in and out with no trouble at all.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2011 at 17:45
Originally posted by RDM17353 RDM17353 wrote:

They look a little big. Do they get in the way? Check out the Badlands Bino case from Cabelas. Let me know what you think.
This was a concern for me as well.  However, I have not found them to get in the way at all; not even when shooting my longbow. They are bulkier than the bino harness or than the standard bino bras but, they provide better protection and hold more gear.  I really like mine though, I can definitely see where it would not be the choice of everybody.
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2011 at 23:21
Just so I understand correctly, the Alaska Guide System is a pack that holds binos and whatever you can fit in there.  I would still need a bino harness, right?  If so, does the harness get tangled up with your other gear?
Ricky
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2011 at 08:46
check them out.....

http://alaskaguidecreations.com/index.htm
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2011 at 11:09
I went to the site, there just isn't much of a description.  Actually, the picture displays all the things that go into the pack, however there is not mention of binos.  I was also looking into get a harness for my binos and I wanted to make sure that the harness wouldn't get tangled up with everything in the pack.  Also, i wanted to make sure that the Alaska Guide System didn't have a harness built into the system.
Thanks, Ricky
Ricky
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2011 at 15:29
The pack itself does have a harness built into it.  The straps are detachable, making it a stand alone case with all those pockets.  The idea is to use a regular binocular strap, or no strap at all when using the AGC harness intact.

This is alot better....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Swarovski-Leica-Zeiss-BINOCULAR-PACK-Case-Harness-Strap-/180531108197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a087e1965#ht_1827wt_1141
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2011 at 20:23
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

The pack itself does have a harness built into it.  The straps are detachable, making it a stand alone case with all those pockets.  The idea is to use a regular binocular strap, or no strap at all when using the AGC harness intact.

This is alot better....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Swarovski-Leica-Zeiss-BINOCULAR-PACK-Case-Harness-Strap-/180531108197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a087e1965#ht_1827wt_1141
I'm not sure what you mean by, "this is alot better?" 
The auction you linked to is the AGC pack - it's just a plain green one (rather than camo). 
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2011 at 17:19
I meant the 2nd link was a lot better than the first link I provided to see what the AGC is all about, as he was whining about not having enough info from my first link.  
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2011 at 17:53

How bout just the neck strap or harness of your choice and a binobib?

RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2011 at 18:16
Not whining.  Just wanting a better description of the product before making a purchase.  The information and display that I received from the link was much better than going to the AGS site.  Thanks for the feedback.
Ricky
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic