OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest vs. Meopta Meostar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest vs. Meopta Meostar
    Posted: March/30/2011 at 23:54
Narrowed down my search between the Meopta Meostar and Zeiss Conquest in a 3-12x56.  I am leaning towards the Meopta, however there are so many Zeiss faithfuls out there.  I don't minding spending more for a Zeiss if I need to, but is it worth it?  Any advice appreciated!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 09:22
Meopta makes good stuff.  I have a rifle scope, binos and a spotting scope from Meopta.  They all have excellent image quality.  They actually provide the glass to Zeiss for the Conquest line.  Meopta does not have a service center in the US where Zeiss does.  But in my experience Meopta has excellent customer service.  I had a problem with a Meopta scope not holding a zero on my 45-70.  Sent it back and had a new scope in a week or so.  The new one has worked excellent for me for several years on a 7mm mag.

I think the Meostar line has slightly better image quality than the Conquest line, but it will be close.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 16:48
Thanks for the feedback.  I am looking at the Meostar 3-12x56.
Vermin93 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermin93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 17:34
I am waiting for the new 1.5-6x42 Meostar with illuminated dot. I look forward to checking it out. Too bad Zeiss offers nothing of the sort in the Conquest line.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 17:40
You said in another post I noticed after posting here that you all ready had this optic.  So curious why you are asking about it.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 22:08
I was considering sending back and getting a Zeiss.  Sorry if that was confusing.  I didn't include that part as I didn't think it was relevant. I wanted to see what others thought first.
RDM17353 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDM17353 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2011 at 23:54
So I hear that the illuminated reticle takes away your night vision.  Haven't used one, but I hear that the Meopta has 3 brightnesses for that.  Any info fellas?
Ricky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic