OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Member- Nikon Rep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 06:46
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I asked him to put that disclaimer in his introduction because he is not a Nikon customer service agent, he is a Nikon Rep.

You will get more accurate and quicker answers by contacting Nikon's customer service in regards to customer service issues as he does not have access to warranty claim information, tracking numbers, how long your repair is going to take, etc, etc.

If we want him to be an active part of The O.T. like the many other reps we have, we have to respect his position and not expect him to act in the capacity of a secretary or assistant.  I am sure he would not turn down customer service request but he won't want to spend much time here if all he is doing is calling Nikon on your behalf.

Additionally if you make a post about a Nikon customer service issue and he does not see it that would unfairly be a bad reflection of Nikon and himself.

These are the same reasons for Rule #6

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

Fair enough. All I did was ask a question. Was not trying to ignite a fire. Welcome to the OT Forum Mr. Nikon rep.

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 09:00
im glad to see another rep here, shows balls to have company guys here. vortex has at least two of them in here. welcome!!!

i will say that ive used a variety of nikon scopes and binos over the last 10yrs, ive yet to have any trouble with them at all.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Poodleshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poodleshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 11:02
I'm another Nikon fan who is glad to see a Nikon rep. Big Grin

So, what's next for the Buckmaster/Omega/Slughunter/Coyote/Turkeypro lines, now that the Prostaffs have had such a drastic upgrade to full multicoatings and turrets?
Midwest_Hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 11:10

The only Nikon product I currently own is the Riflehunter 550 rangefinder. It works great and is spot on. Use to have a 3-9 Monarch but wanted to try something new, which is when I bought my first Viper.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 11:55
Welcome.  I have a couple of nikon rangefinders and more Nikon camera equipment than can be carried at one time. The only Nikon riflescope I had was an Omega 3-9x40 BDC and I decided it was time to upgrade glass, but I still have not settled on a particular optic for that Musket.   

There is a scope that you mentioned you own that I am quite curious about  for coyotes - the 4.5-14x40 Coyote Special.  I do find that in actual use the circles on the Omega tended to work well in the field for deer however with the circles on the Coyote Special being so large I would think adding a fine crosshair inside the large center circle would be helpful for more pricise shots.  How large of an area do these circles represent.  I'm thinking that a coyote's body would be 10 to 12 inches brisket to back and foot to shoulder about 18 inches so are the circles 10 inches or 12 inches or 18 inches.  Can you add any insight from your use of this optic?  If you were to replace that scope would you stay with the 4.5-14 model or would you select the 3-9 model based on having experieince with the 4.5-14 model?  I tend to think that in low light you might be better off with the lower power optic giving a brighter image.
Also is this the same glass as Omega or is it different glass closer to that of the Monarch?

Nikon 3-9x40 Coyote Special Riflescope BDC Predator Nikon 3-9x40 Coyote Special Riflescope
Stock # - NIK8450
  • Mossy Oak Brush
  • BDC Predator
  • 1"
  • Comes with Anti-Reflection Device
$279.95
Nikon 4.5-14x40 Coyote Special Riflescope BDC Predator Nikon 4.5-14x40 Coyote Special Riflescope
Stock # - NIK8452
  • Mossy Oak Brush
  • BDC Predator
  • 1"
  • Side focus
  • Comes with Anti-Reflection Device
$349.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
bman940 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bman940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2011 at 18:59
Hey, D, Welcome aboard!
Bart
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2011 at 15:49
Welcome Nikon person!!  

Lots 'o Nikon love here! Excellent
Dyelynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyelynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2011 at 21:37
welcome nikon rep :P

i'm relatively new to the site as well, and have for the first time today, looked through one of your monarch's and was very impressed.

as others have stated, it's great to have reps for the products the site sells lurking here and hopefully you'll enjoy the banter that gets passed around, i know i have.
Teddy Bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2011 at 23:55
Welcome DLD

I just got the monarch 2.5-10x42 a week ago and an itchin' to get out to try it.
"Never rub another man's rhubarb!!"
bman940 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bman940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2011 at 11:32
If anyone ever has an issue with a Nikon Sport Optic product please fee l free to contact me and I'll do what I can to help you out. Great to see a Nikon rep. on this forum to help pass on information.
If anyone has ever considered a M-223 Scope, Now is the time with the new promotion giving away a
 M-223 AR mount.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2011 at 18:20
Welcome to the OT!

The more input the better,keep comming backYippee
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
bman940 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bman940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2011 at 08:47
Hey Kickboxer, 
In reply to your question about Nikon IRT scopes. We have a new one coming out ( I wish I could give you an exact date) this year. While I have not had my hands on one I have heard great things about it, smaller size and weight plus BDC 600 reticle. You can check i tout below and let me know what you think. 
Just in case you haven;t seen it yet, Nikon is running a great promotion on the M-223 Series Scopes.
Buy one at a participating dealer and get a FREE M-223 AR Mount. Pretty great deal.

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2011 at 08:56
Welcome, too, from me.       Wink

I have two Nikon scopes and used to have a couple of Nikon cameras.  

Edited by Ed Connelly - April/03/2011 at 08:57
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2011 at 22:38
Welcome aboard !! Dont let'em scare ya
Ted_Nugent007 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted_Nugent007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2011 at 22:47
well i just bought a m-223 8x32 for my ar how do i recieve my m-223 mount for free from nikonLoco
DLD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 08:03
Great questions- The reason Nikon designed the Coyote Special was for a very specific niche- predator hunting. Gary Roberson (owner of Burnham Brothers Calls) was instrumental in the reticle design. What they were after was a reticle that would be as effective as possible on moving/running game. When you have a plex or dot, you tend to delay the shot until the plex or dot is right where you want it. On a moving animal (coyotes and bobcats coming to a call) it can be difficult to aquire a quick aiming point. Hence the open circle design from top to bottom. The primary goal is to get a round in the animal when it affords an opportunity, and the BDC Predator reticle does this quickly. I can put 6 rounds in a 5 inch circle at 100 yds on max power with the top circle. I figure that's very effective for hogs and dogs. I prefer the 4.5-14x40 over the 3-9x40 because I hunt coyotes in open country where I may be making 300-400 yard shots on coyotes. The 4.5-14 also has a side focus parallax adjustment. This scope is 92% light transmission, like the Omega and Buckmasters scopes. Go to www.nikonhunting.com/spoton  and see gow the reticle will perform with your specific load. It's a very simple, comprehensive ballistics database for all Nikon scopes.
Thanks!, DLD
DLD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 08:06
Where'd you buy it? The dealer should ship it/include it at the time of purchase if they are an authorized Nikon dealer.
Thanks!
Hungarian View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hungarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 21:50
One of the best scopes I ever owned was a Nikon Monarch UCC 4x40 scope with the nikoplex reticle. I purchased it from SWFA and sold it about a year ago. Biggest mistake of my life....I have been kicking myself since. Does Nikon have any plans on bringing this back?
Rothstein1987 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 21:58
Alright im trying to get into long range shooting and looking for a good scope.. Ive been talking to a few different people but wanted to hear what you had to say.. What would you recommend for something along a 1000yds + shooting distance?
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
DLD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2011 at 22:10
I love fixed too. The closest we will be is an all new 4x32 Prostaff Rimfire. 1/4" adjustments at 50 yds. Parallax free at 50 yds. Fully multicoated- yes the Prostaff lenses are all new and brighter than years past. Hand turn adjustments and a quick focus eyepiece. I look forward to the new Prostaffs. They'll be around by June.
Thanks, DLD 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic