OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pentax 100mm vs. European

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasseur106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentax 100mm vs. European
    Posted: January/01/2006 at 14:21

Hello All,

I had a bit of luck finding a price that I could live with on a Pentax in a 100mm config.  Since I never thought I might own a bigger better scope I never looked through any of the bigger better euros out there and I am now wondering how a Pentax with such a big objective stacks compared to the Euro models from Swarovski, Zeiss, or Leica???  Anyone with any opinion would be greatly appreciated for sharing.

Thanks,

Scott

astro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2006 at 21:59

So what's the price, about $1800 or so?

Wonder if it excepts standard eyepieces or if Pentax is making extra eyepieces so you can turn it up for that try at 1000 yards? I assume not since one like this surely is a totally sealed deal. The manufacture seriously throws away heaps of light and power by putting zooms in all these spotters but I suppose their intended use really demands it.

anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2006 at 05:52
Pentax accepts astro eyepieces. With the best eyepieces ($200-300), the 100 mm Pentax is as good as it gets. Is that the ED or non-ED version? The ED is better, bun even non-ED is great in such a large scope. Beware of size and weight.  

Edited by anweis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic