OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Viper PST Wait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viper PST Wait
    Posted: March/25/2011 at 20:37
I'm interested in the Viper PST FFP 6-24.  Big question is what the wait time is now...  I need a new scope for a night shoot in 2 weeks, but I'm thinking I may have to pick something else...  Thanks,

Danny
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 20:53
Hello Shorin,
Might want to shoot a quick email to Chris and crew:
swfa@riflescopes.com

and  WELCOME to the OT Forum!
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 20:54
Either email them, or call them tomorrow when they open.  I would suggest calling them.  It will be faster and it is better to talk to a real person.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 22:12
Welcome to the OT!

Yeah drop a dime & save some time.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
jw1976az View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw1976az Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 22:21
No follow-up from Shorin?  

I am new to these forums, but I have one a Viper PST on order and will call tomorrow to find out what the expected lead time is in case anyone else is curious.

There must be a massive demand on these.  I looked into reviews on many similar scopes and decided on the Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP in mil/mil.  Now I am wondering if this was a bad idea if the wait time is going to be measured in months.  Kinda jealous of my friend's Falcon Menace 5.5-25x50; at least those are in stock.  Guess I'll have to wait.  :D

The warranty on Vortex's products is pretty hard to beat and I am willing to overlook the reported shortcomings from the reviews.  I have a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks on my other rifles and they have served me well.
jw1976az View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw1976az Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2011 at 19:09
I received word that my order was expected to ship in late April.  It appears as if supply is backed up by around 5 weeks right now.

Hope that helps if anyone else is curious.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic