OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

free base or buy one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Btillr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: free base or buy one?
    Posted: March/23/2011 at 09:30
I've got a friend who gave me a extended one piece weaver base for my savage 10pc, didn't know if it was worth using or should I pony up and buy a badger ordanance?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 09:32
Good bases can be had for less than the badger,  TPS, imo, is just as good fit and finish wise and cost less.  I wouldn't use the weaver personally, but thats just me.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 09:35
What kind of shooting are you going to be doing?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Btillr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Btillr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 09:53
Forgot to mention, shooting 800yds
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 12:05
Go with something other than weaver, TPS isn't that bad on my rifle
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Btillr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Btillr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 15:52
Just got home with a caliper from work and broke out a straight edge to check this base out, Every thing is square and consistent through out the base. So I mounted it  and the mounting holes couldn't have been drilled any better. It also has a recoil lug similar to that of the badger ordanance mount. Over all it seems to be a quality mount, Im going to roll with it and see how it holds up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic