OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
    Posted: March/22/2011 at 18:20
http://swfa.com/Falcon-Menace-4-14x44-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P47408.aspx
Is there anything better than this scope at this price range? Will be used on a flat top ar 15 from 10 yards to 600 yards.

On one of the reviews it states there is better scope for the money but the reviews does not mention which scopes.

http://swfa.com/Falcon-Menace-4-14x44-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P47573.aspx

I would like to know which scopes he is talking about.

Is there any features in this scope that you would want that it is missing or think I would want.

I think this scope covers all the basis for me.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 19:40
I am not a big fan of Falcon scopes since they do not have very much faith in their own product. Five year warranty rather than lifetime. Plus for me a 4x is a little much at 10yds. 

Are you going to use this for a three gun event since you are at a min of 10yds? 10yds is really close and most scopes do not focus down this close even at the low magnification range.

The Falcon is $385, is that your max budget?
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 19:53
5yr is the limit they can warranty they have different laws then we do.

I think I can say this LIFETIME WARRANTIES DONT MEAN S*** IF YOUR GEAR FAILS DURING A ZOMBIE ATTACK.

With that said I am close to 3 years without a bump or a hiccup and a very high round count on a .338LM with one atop without any issues, I mean any issues, it tracks, it is repeatable, it is decent glass and it is built for the ZOMBIE ATTACK.

I know even SWFA is not a fan of them and they make fun of me for liking them behind my back and even to me but I do like them and think they are great scopes for the money.  I love the Reticle and it does the job.

I only speak from EXPERIENCE with the scope though and I have one of each variety...

The edge of the scope does not disappear as some like but it is not tunneling to me at all.

They are not light.  They are heavy as can be.

They glass is not Zeiss or Swarovski or Kahles.  But is very respectable.

The Turrets are not as fine adjustment as some like.

The Finish and Fit is superb, they are not likely to show up in a review anytime soon with high marks because people are hell bent on saying they are junk.

Well their you have it... And another honest review that makes me sound like I am a fool.

No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 20:56
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

5yr is the limit they can warranty they have different laws then we do.

I think I can say this LIFETIME WARRANTIES DONT MEAN S*** IF YOUR GEAR FAILS DURING A ZOMBIE ATTACK.

With that said I am close to 3 years without a bump or a hiccup and a very high round count on a .338LM with one atop without any issues, I mean any issues, it tracks, it is repeatable, it is decent glass and it is built for the ZOMBIE ATTACK.

I know even SWFA is not a fan of them and they make fun of me for liking them behind my back and even to me but I do like them and think they are great scopes for the money.  I love the Reticle and it does the job.

I only speak from EXPERIENCE with the scope though and I have one of each variety...

The edge of the scope does not disappear as some like but it is not tunneling to me at all.

They are not light.  They are heavy as can be.

They glass is not Zeiss or Swarovski or Kahles.  But is very respectable.

The Turrets are not as fine adjustment as some like.

The Finish and Fit is superb, they are not likely to show up in a review anytime soon with high marks because people are hell bent on saying they are junk.

Well their you have it... And another honest review that makes me sound like I am a fool.

I have great respect for your experience and comments.  If you like it, it is certainly something to put in the "take a look at it" category.  You said you like Nikko Sterling and I've been looking for one to try out ever since... just haven't had the opportunity (and I know a guy who traded his Nikko for an NcStar and liked the NcStar better... but if you say it is worth taking a look at, I believe you).
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
ilikeguns111 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikeguns111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 22:12
That price is not my limit I would be willing to spend a little more($200.00) for a better brand/function/warranty scope with the same features. 
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 00:00
With the additional $200 that puts you $15 short of a SS 3-9. That is probably my next scope.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 07:39
The SS 3-9 is arguabley one of the best all around scope for less than 6 bills, if you where close to that price, get it.  You won't regret it, and if you do they hold their value better than near abuot any other optics brand
GlockandRoll View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlockandRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2012 at 13:04
Any pics through the glass at long-range on one of these?
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2012 at 14:48
There use to be.

Wonders Optics 4-14 was similar, but not sure what happened to these guys.  It was designed nearly identical.

FFP, 4-14, mil/mil and in the same price range.

I think you should check out the 3-9X42 SS as well.  It will not let you down.

tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2012 at 19:30
Dang Skylar! looks like you were just about to get a good group til ya got them 3 flyers at the bottom!Wink
.. Seriously though, thats some nice shootin!!!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2012 at 20:20
I would not worry about those strays.

Shooter error.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 14:37
Back to this.

I am not endorsing them as quality of build but they are not Xotic, NCstar, Leapers, etc...

The turrets are a little mushy, goey whatever.

The 4-14 is decent and the 10x is decent I might say stay away from the 5-25.

They are boat anchors in weight.

They are not great glass, but decent.
No one
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 14:53
Skylar couldn't see his hits so he had to drop the sights a little to get the last shots to print. Big Grin  There Skylar fixed it for you.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
6.5x47 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6.5x47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 20:15
I will say this, having owned both the falcon and S.S., I still own one falcon.  I use the Falcon 4-14 as a backup scope.  The glass is awful, but it tracks true, and gets the job done in a pinch.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic