OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Bushnell Elite Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2011 at 10:51
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

well, i dont know about great. that may be stretching it just a bit.Laugh

Yeah...we're the dumb blind luck kinda guys, aren't we!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2011 at 10:52
who you calling blind?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2011 at 10:58
HUH, What....I can't see you... Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2011 at 10:59
Yippee
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2011 at 13:49
The reason I will use Elites and no longer use Leupold on BG rifles is closely related......The expectation of needing Customer Service. If I break a scope prior (close) to hunting season I'll simply buy another. Everybody rants and raves about Leupold's CS and I hear so many stories about it that it tends to concern me. I'll hear 10 CS stories before I hear 1 from Bushnell, Burris, Zeiss, Nikon and we know from a recently posted survey that Leupold is not the number 1 selling scope, nor close. So my point in all this is, the best CS you can have is the one you never need or use.

nb. When you hear Customer Service it really means repair department. Nobody pulls scope off a rifle just out of boredom.

No doubt Leupold has great CS, although I wonder why guys brag so much about a scope breaking or being defective. Puzzled ....

Edited by Roy Finn - March/18/2011 at 15:42
johnfox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2011 at 16:36
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

The reason I will use Elites and no longer use Leupold on BG rifles is closely related......The expectation of needing Customer Service. If I break a scope prior (close) to hunting season I'll simply buy another. Everybody rants and raves about Leupold's CS and I hear so many stories about it that it tends to concern me. I'll hear 10 CS stories before I hear 1 from Bushnell, Burris, Zeiss, Nikon and we know from a recently posted survey that Leupold is not the number 1 selling scope, nor close. So my point in all this is, the best CS you can have is the one you never need or use.

nb. When you hear Customer Service it really means repair department. Nobody pulls scope off a rifle just out of boredom.

No doubt Leupold has great CS, although I wonder why guys brag so much about a scope breaking or being defective. Puzzled ....

+1.        I've just returned my first faulty scope in over 35yrs of shooting. Admittedly I treat them like precision optical instruments, I don't abuse them but I appreciated accidents do and will happen, but one bad scope in a long length of time I can live with. 

BrendanM View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2011 at 09:40
Hi all, I know this is resurrecting an older post but now that these "new" Elites have been out for a while, has anyone had a chance to actually compare a new 3-9x40 to an Elite 4200 of the same power? I may buy one or the other and the 4200 is still available in a limited number for $200 or so, but for how much longer who knows? I will spend the little extra if the new Elite is actually better, but will be happy with a 4200 if there's no difference. Any thoughts? Thanks!
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2011 at 08:08
I would think one reason you haven't heard too much about them is due to the fact that Bushnell flooded the market with the old models on closeout and satisfied the demand for a bushnell scope for the short term. When you could just recently buy a 3-9x40 for $199 on close out it's tuff to pony up $300+ for essentially the same thing with new graphics.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2011 at 08:17
+1 to powderburn.

It is my understanding that the "new" Elite 3-9X40 IS the old Elite 4200 3-9X40 with a new logo.  The features and specs are the same.
-Matt
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2011 at 14:08
I had both the 4200 Elite and the ELITE in 3-9x40 and they are exactly the same scope. The only difference that I could notice was that the objective lens had more of a purple hue to it while the 4200 had a more dominant green color. I believe the new Elite had a hair better contrast though probably due to the newer Purple coating on the objective. I kept the 4200 and sold the Elite. Now Im selling the 3-9x40 4200 because I found came into a 2.5-10x40 4200. Optically the same but the 2.5 -10 models appears to have a bit better eyebox and tiny bit larger image.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic