OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scopes for a 6.8 spc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma3je87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scopes for a 6.8 spc
    Posted: March/14/2011 at 19:55
I have recently had a 6.8 spc built. Im looking for a tatical scope . im looking at a

Leupold® Mark 4 Long-Range/Tactical Riflescope..... if you have any suggestions or a different one let me know thanks

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 20:22
I own a 6.8, they aren't long range guns.

I'd look at the SS3-9, great fit, plenty of magnification for the gun, not too high at the bottom range for close in work.

A better scope than the Leupold, and at a much lower price.

http://swfa.com:80/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 21:56
I put a 1.5-6x Burris on my 6.8.  I think the mag range is perfect for that cal.  Like Rancid said it is definitely not a long range gun, so 6x top end works great.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
dave1004 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 22:15

You may want to check out the PST 2.5-10.  I have one on my 6.5 Grendel and I like it alot.

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 23:52
I also have a 6.8 AR, I consider mine a 300 yard rifle at the MAX and I would not bother with a scope mag. over 10 at the top for sure unless you are like me and like using your scope for looking at stuff while hunting.. I do not use my RRA 6.8 AR for hunting either though....I really dig my 6.8 and I found that a 1x4x24 Trijicon Accupoint from SWFA is the perfect scope for me. It has the red arrow, I use the tip of the arrow and it works really well for close range 0-100 yards although I could still kill a Deer with it at 300 or so after some practice ....
  I agree on any of the scopes mentioned, especially the SS 3x9 if you like a MilDot scope that is.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2011 at 19:21
Agree with the others, a 6.8 is a fantastic hunting rig out to 3-400 max
I have shot steel to 750 with it just to do it but that's not what i's for really

You didn't indicate what you are going to be using it for..
but most people use them for hunting, a 3-9 Accupoint is a very popular scope for the 6.8

Mine is setup with a S&B 1.5-6 flashdot #9

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2011 at 23:08

SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope    Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2011 at 23:32
Trijicon 4x32 Acog Rifle Scope Trijicon 4x32 Acog Rifle Scope
Stock # - TA31H68G
  • 6.8 Green Horseshoe
  • Free Lens Cleaning Pen w/ Purchase
  • Free Neoprene Scope Coat w/ Purchase
  • Free Flat Top Adapter w/ Purchase
$1,217.95
Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope Red Triangle Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope
Stock # - TA44R2
  • Red Triangle
  • Free Lens Cleaning Pen w/ Purchase
$945.95
I really like either a compact ACOG or an ACOG on an  AR type rifle primarily due to the small size of the scope but I have the TA442 amber triangle 1.5x and it is one of my favorite scopes I find that working off the point of the triangle I am sub moa at 300 yds.   AR guns are ment to be quick action guns.  Everyone has a different idea what makes for a good AR scope and a lot of guys over scope them .   The 3-9 Super Sniper was designed for military use on the M 16  platform and is an excellent choice for longer distances it is more than enough magnification for the ability of a 6.8 SPC. The 1-4 Super Sniper does offer illumination and some very nice reticles. The Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 with tritium and fiber optic illumination is also a favorite.  You simply can not go wrong selecting any of these scopes.  I own a couple of Mk 4 Leupold tactical scopes and I believe they are better suited to bolt action rifles the knobs are way too tall and wide and they catch on things they are not gunfight friendly unless you are a hell of a long way off and the 6.8 is just the wrong bullet to take full advantage of the Mk 4.  If it was mine no doubt in my mind I would want an ACOG and a La Rue quick detachable mount.   The three scopes below are Aimpoint Comp M4s,  TA50R4  3x red crosshair,  and 6x Super Sniper

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/17/2011 at 23:34

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2011 at 23:35
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope    Big Smile
NICE CHOICE 
Super Sniper 1-4x illuminated  Thunbs Up

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/17/2011 at 23:37

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2011 at 23:38
Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope Red Triangle Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR24R
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle
  • 30mm
$844.95
Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope German #4 Crosshair w/ Green Dot Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR243G
  • Matte
  • German #4 Crosshair w/ Green Dot
  • 30mm
$844.95

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic