OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Letter to OpticsTalk Members.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letter to OpticsTalk Members.
    Posted: March/12/2011 at 19:45
Gentleman that have known me since I joined,

I just re-read some of the first posts that I put on here, and man, was I a DI*K. I was completely hot-headed and not very knowledgeable. I really can't believe I was like that. I'm so glad you guys didn't just ban the piss out of me, I love this forum now. A place where I learned alot about guns/scopes/ballistics. You guys really do deserve some sort of honor for the dedication you have to teach others. I will never make a purchase on anything WITHOUT contacting you guys and seeing what your experiences were with it.

Look forward to spending years on here with ya'll!

Michael
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2011 at 20:37
Go to the Ed Show and play with the Sounds of Ed!!!!!         Roll on Floor Laughing
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2011 at 20:49
What's a DI*K?
Reaction time is a factor...
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2011 at 21:40
Is it like a Dikfur?
-Matt
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2011 at 22:03
looks like a henway
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2011 at 22:52
Take a lot of balls to admit that to some of these guys.  They will twist anything you say.  Glad you learned and stuck around.  I had and still do learn a lot every day.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2011 at 23:20
It is big of you to post this, LRSMike.

We pride ourselves on keeping this forum civil.  The catch is that a lot of people who come here with experience from other forums tend to take a little time to get the hang of OpticsTalk.  

We keep a watch on a lot of the new forum members, but it takes some concerted effort to get us to kick someone out early on.

ILya
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 04:48
" It takes lots of balls to admit that Bigdaddy is a donkey..."   

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 08:39
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

" It takes lots of balls to admit that Bigdaddy is a donkey..."   

'EDlove' is a closely guarded secret.  This is a classy group, no doubt.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 09:18
I'm to scared to ever visit my first posts !!!!!

Edited by 8shots - March/13/2011 at 09:21
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 10:41
Ed has been patiently trying to help me fit in for a long time.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 12:06

No worries Mike. 

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 15:11
Well, there are MANY, MANY members that are well respected and well thought of that had sorta rough beginning. 

I out and out refuse to mention any names mind you, but one certain California resident, with a Russian sounding name, and an insatiable affinity for optics geekery, finally settled down and became a marginally productive regular after a VERY ROUGH start!!

Whew...I honestly thought he would never make it here. Who knew??  Wink 

Thanks for the post, Mike. Glad you like it here. 

neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 16:20
I know that guy, he is always looking for better ways to spy on MOOSE & SQUIRREL!!!!!Wink
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 16:29
Originally posted by neilbilly neilbilly wrote:

I know that guy, he is always looking for better ways to spy on MOOSE & SQUIRREL!!!!!Wink

Hahahaha....Excellent
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 17:45
What a great post, Mike!  That shows class!

No worries; we all have our "moments" buddy!  Your first posts must not have been too terribly bad, as I don't remember them, and believe me, we've had many folks that left such a negative impact that they are impossible to forget!

Pretty much all firearms-related internet forums I've seen are much less civil than this one.  It can be hard for new members to adjust to a different culture at first when they're expecting OT to be like the other forums they're familiar with.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 18:39

The original posts had things to deal with scopes and my shooting abilities, haha. I have come to realize that 600 yds with a precision rifle is alot different than a M-4 or a crew served. I have hit targets at 1200 with the M240B (new M-60), but there were also 10-13 rounds going down range. I really like it here, even if my wife thinks its going to cost me more money in guns!!!

You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 20:40
No one here would EVER try to talk another member into purchasing more guns... or optics... or ammo... or ...
I hear 300ultramag has a very nice Browning  Stalker for sale...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 00:56
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Well, there are MANY, MANY members that are well respected and well thought of that had sorta rough beginning. 

I out and out refuse to mention any names mind you, but one certain California resident, with a Russian sounding name, and an insatiable affinity for optics geekery, finally settled down and became a marginally productive regular after a VERY ROUGH start!!

Whew...I honestly thought he would never make it here. Who knew??  Wink 

Thanks for the post, Mike. Glad you like it here. 

I am drawing a blank here.  Who could you possibly be referring to?  Now until you mentioned a "rough start", I thought you might be referring to me, but that is clearly not the case.  I wonder....

ILya
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 02:37
Hell I still have moment. I said once I'll say again as well dont mean to step on any1 toes but I like to see how far i can push it. So Mike its all good man I havnt been baned (yet) so u should be safe. If i ever do IT WAS A HELL OF RIDE & WELL WORTH IT Big Grin
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic