OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need a hunting Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tohunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a hunting Scope
    Posted: March/10/2011 at 00:11
I've been looking for a suitable scope for weeks. But I haven't decided yet. I told one of my friend that I need a scope that is suitable for hunting amid 200 yards and a light one. He suggests me to choose this one.

"Catseye Rifle Scope 3-12x44RGBGE"

I 've been quite a bit puzzled these days by these. SO I need someone's suggestion.

Can anyone kindly give me which type to choose? Thx.

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 00:44
What price range are you looking in and what rifle and caliber. I have never had anything good to say for any of the BSA scopes for any caliber over a 22lr.
The Vortex viper 2-7 X 32 would be a good small scope. The Vipers are on closeout, there has been some lag on avalibilty at times. The Vortex crossfire while not as good of glass is a little less expensive. If you can go up in price better scopes can be had.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 06:11
Vortex Vipers on closeout
Bushnell 4200 3-9 X 40 on closeout.
Sightron SII and Big Sky scopes
Go through the samplelist here for great deals
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 08:49
Pretty much what these guys said. For general hunting on a budget a good 3x9 is tuff to beat. If you are looking for even cheaper scopes then for $100- $150 you can look at the following:

Redfield 3x9 or 2x7     
Sightron SI 3x9
Weaver K4
Nikon prostaff 3x9 on closeout $99

Otherwise for sub $100 look on the sample list at some of the bushnell trophys or there was a weaver K4 for $99 or a swift on there for $59. I would rather have theose than a BSA , Tasco or Simmons.

Another alternative is to contact SWFA and ask about the pentax pioneer that they show on their ebay auctions. Good buy for $129.

Edited by powderburn - March/10/2011 at 15:03
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 18:35
Take the well-informed advice of these fellas. But don't spend your hard earned cash on a BSA. Much better scopes out there.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 18:46
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2011 at 14:25
Viper 2-7 or Bushnell 4200 3-9 both proven performers.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic