OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2011 @ SWFA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 @ SWFA
    Posted: March/09/2011 at 11:29
Last year there were pop ups stating new things coming from SWFA in 2011.......

Ok, so the new 1x4's are out.

How about throwin' us a bone as to what else is in works as far as SWFA scopes go.  Are we going to see another variable power added to the lineup?...... 2.5x10, 3x12, 4x16.......?   Come on, give us something to look forward too.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 11:33

there has been mention that there are other variables in the works.  One thing about SWFA is that they aren't gonna say yeah we will have Scope XYZ out in the summer of 11' then production screws them with bad quality and they can't get it out in time and they let down everyone waiting for them, kinda like the first run of PST's.  Give it time. Good things are worth waiting for.  I'm sure Chris will devulge info as he feels safe to.  They aren't the type to rush to put out unproven items.

Cope6.5/284 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cope6.5/284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 11:50
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

there has been mention that there are other variables in the works.  One thing about SWFA is that they aren't gonna say yeah we will have Scope XYZ out in the summer of 11' then production screws them with bad quality and they can't get it out in time and they let down everyone waiting for them, kinda like the first run of PST's.  Give it time. Good things are worth waiting for.  I'm sure Chris will devulge info as he feels safe to.  They aren't the type to rush to put out unproven items.

Well said! Excellent Last I heard the next things in line will be a 2.5-10 First Focal Plane Illuminated and/or a 5-20 First Focal Plane Illuminated. Not positive about though and as SVT said so well, "They aren't the type to rush to put out unproven items. Give it time. Good things are worth waiting for."
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a grocery store, not a government agency
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 13:29
Just to add some fuel to the fire: I know what is next in line and I am putting a few other purchases on hold in anticipation.

Devil

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 13:54
<<nice picture, but a little to risque, I think>>

Edited by koshkin - March/09/2011 at 14:37
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 13:56
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Just to add some fuel to the fire: I know what is next in line and I am putting a few other purchases on hold in anticipation.

Devil

ILya

Pm me this info you have. I might have to wait my self on it. I just hope it is what i think it is.
PLZ PM.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 14:05
Oh GREAT! I haven't finished saving for the 1-4 SS and now I have to start saving for another scope and a couple of cat tailsWhacko
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 14:06
lol we are so blessed to have someone give us an outlet for all our money!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 14:27
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Devil

ILya

Pm me this info you have. I might have to wait my self on it. I just hope it is what i think it is.
PLZ PM.

That would be no fun at all.  Besides, I am sure you can figure it out on your own...

ILya

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 14:32

Devil

ILya

PLZ PM.

That would be no fun at all.  Besides, I am sure you can figure it out on your own...

ILya

Oh yeah, he'll find out at Mouth Taped Shut
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 14:35
Loco

Devil

ILya

PLZ PM.

ILya

I have a pretty good idea from an inside sorce, but you know how those young guys are. Loco At times.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 15:38
As much as I have struggled the last several months to get a 5-20 Trijicon or at least a 4-16 PST by the time I get the PST that shipped yesterday someone will probably tell me that there is a high power range SS that will appear ---- likely the day after this scope arrives. (Murphy's Law) Speer It would be nice to be in the loopWhistling.  I really dont need a 1-4 power anything where a 1.5-6 or a 2-7 would interest me,  but I really do need a 5-20 or at least a 4-16 and I need it to have more internal adjustment than what most of the companies out there want to put into their scope. 

If I could afford a Henisoldt I guess my problem would be solved.Yikes where is my lottery ticket?
Head Banger
Head Banger
Head Banger
Head Banger

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/09/2011 at 15:42

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 16:09

Well let's just hope that 2011 rolls out something besides the 1x4.......?  I'm hoping for something a little more than the current 3x9.

I have the itch for a new Savage .308 and want a FFP to put on it. 
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 16:27
Good think about the 3x9 is they retain their value very well.  It would fill the need quite well until something else came out.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 16:37

You guys need to get wives like mine... SHE bought me a Hensoldt...

Not bragging or anything...

Much...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 16:41
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Much...

Rub it in why don't you. Big Smile
Gerald Baker
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 19:11
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Much...

I dont suppose she has a sister?Howdy

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Idaho Scot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho Scot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 20:35
+1

I am also awful anxious to hear what is coming up, both in new power ranges and new reticle designs!

Can we at least get a ball park on the time frame in which we might be ale to get some little tidbits of info!Big Grin
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 21:57
I'd just be happy to have Chris just say, yes there is another new variable power coming out in 2011........

What say you SWFA?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic