OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 FFP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 FFP
    Posted: March/09/2011 at 06:56
Bought one of these scopes on closeout, had it to the range once.   Everything is subdued/blacked-out, including the brand name and the adjustment markings on the turrets, which are a little hard to see.

The turrets are firm but not hard to turn and reset to zero by loosening the hex screw on top of the turrets.  Zeroing was easy;  the adjustments moved the shots where they should have.

The glass was clear.  As I've said before, I don't know how to do a technical eval of scope lenses, so I approach it from the standpoint of things either look clear and easy to see or they don't.  They looked clear through this one, and small bullseyes at 200 yds were easy to see at max magnification (bright daylight).  My main frame of reference is other Bushnell Elites and Trijicon Accupoints.

The green illum worked well, but the intensity level was pretty high at the lower end.  Two 4200s with center red dot illum I've had come on with very, very low intensity and dial up brighter.  This one illuminates both the horizontal and vertical crosshairs and comes on at a fairly high intensity and adjusts brighter from there.  It may be my aging eyes, but it seems like the vertical line is brighter than the horizontal one.  In varying levels of darkness in my house, it didn't seem to wash out anything I was looking at;  I'll have to get out at night and see what it looks like against a hog.  At the lowest intensity, it's easy to see a green glow from the objective lens from down the hallway.  I don't know from how far it's visible, and I don't thinks the hogs will care anyway, but it might be a consideration depending on the purpose of the gun on which it's mounted. 

The scope is much heavier than my 2.5-10x50, but shorter.

When I get a chance to use it in the field at night, I'll post on the illum intensity.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 07:21
There are some post about using a smaller battery (lower volt?) around here somewhere, maybe that woudl help with the illumination
penguin6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2011 at 11:58
Thanks.  I'll search that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic