OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hey Guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Guys
    Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:03
Hey you loons, i know i've been MIA for the last 2 weeks or so, and i wanted to update you as to why.

2 weeks back, my wife, Heather was in a car accident. A long story short she lost control on cinders put down by PennDOT and hit a stone foundation head on at 40mph. Nobody else was involved but she did have a broken vertebrae in her lower back and was in the hospital for almost a week, getting tests done to find out the extent of the damage. She was upset at herself and took full responsibility for totaling her car.

Thank GOD! regarding the results. Although she did suffer a pretty bad injury the bone didn't break backwards into the nerves and spinal column that is directely behind the vertebrae. It was a compressed fracture and the bone actually split slightly forward causing no harm. Her disc was partially damaged but the spinal doctor and others on her case said that surgery shouldn't be needed. There was a large artery that the bone shifted towards as well but it missed it by a millimeter or 2. All the tests were very favorable.

I'm sure you guys were wondering what happened to me as i posted regularly. Sorry i didn't get you guys caught up to speed sooner  but it's been a busy 2 weeks, just  being with her in the hospital and taking her to a few follow ups. She's up and walking around with a back brace now and is moving very very well. The spinal doctor said she was a "tough cookie" and was very surprised to see how well she was doing. He said that it was probably the best outcome he'd ever seen in an injury like that.

It's times like these when you really put your faith in God and know that things will work out for the better.

Anyway, im back! Figured i'd give you guys the scoop and will take any prayers you guys can send.

Thanks as always,
Paul
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:21
Will sent them on Paul.  Good luck with everything.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:22
Glad your back dude. I hate to hear about your wife and he good driving skills. I'm praying for her you and the DR who look at her for clear eyes and the understanding of what she is going thur and her not just being a number. If you need anything you know where to reach me.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:24
Will be praying for fast and full recovery. Glad you are back.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:27
Very glad your wife is doing better. Sounds as if it could have been much worse. GalExcellentBig Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:31
When we saw the MRI's it was definitely a eye opening thing. You should never take life for granted. It's easy to forget the small things in life.

Thanks guys for the kind words.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:35
I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Really makes you think, doesn't it?
Reaction time is a factor...
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:41
You wonder about the "what-if's".

Had the bone broke backwards she would have had nerve damage. She could have cut that artery and died of internal bleeding. So many things that could have gone "wrong", or much worse. I was at work when i got the call and luckily i was able to talk to her in the ambulance which eased my fears a little bit.

The guy driving behind her was an EMT as well, forgot to mention that. He stabilized her from moving until the ambulance came.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:43
Whats cinders?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:51
You southern guys don't have snow removal equipment lol. Forgot about that.

PennDOT puts down anti icing fluid and cinders before and after snow storms/ice to melt the roads.

The cinders are basically large salt pebbles.

Edited by shooter07 - March/08/2011 at 10:51
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 10:59
Glad ur back man, hope your wife make a full recovery soon
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 11:05
Good to see you back.  Glad your wife is recovering well.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 12:16
Thats some bad news but with a 'good' news ending.  Glad your back and your wife will be ok.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 13:32
Some body was watching out for the wife.Prayers out to you & the family.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 13:42
Welcome back!

Prayers are on their way.
-Matt
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 15:12
WOW Paul!
Hate to hear about your wife having an accident, but glad that everything turned out the way it did afterwords. Life can change in an instant, believe me I know. Prayers will be sent.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 15:17
Glad your wife's OK, welcome back!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 19:37

Paul, Our prayers are with you and Heather! Hoping for a speedy recovery and glad to hear she is ok!

Tony
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 19:51
WHOA!!!!!    Don't let that woman MOVE until she is all healed up!!!!  She is very Lucky!!!  I had a disc removed and it can be very serious---especially lower back!!!   Thank the Lord!!!

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2011 at 06:07
Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. It is MUCH appreciated. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic