OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

parallax setting ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego-ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: parallax setting ?
    Posted: March/04/2011 at 19:35
I have a vortex crossfire 6x25x50. 

I had my scope mounted on my AR with Millet high rings. With this setup the parallax setting on the scope was right on, I could focus in and out of zoom very well. I could put a laser bore sight in the barrel at 50 yards and be on paper at 100 yards. The only problem was the shade of the scope barely hit the free float tube.

I have since mounted the scope using a cantilever mount. The mount sits about ¾ of an inch higher then the previous setup. With the new mount, I was not near paper at 100 yards after bore sighting in at 50 yards. Secondly, the parallax is just weird. In order to get good focus at 100 yards I need to increase the parallax setting out to 150 yards or so. Can someone explain to me what is going on?

Thx Diego

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2011 at 09:12

Because you are not looking along the optic axis the laws of physics no longer work.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic